jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What can i do to make my articles better?

1. 6stringmethod profile image60
    6stringmethodposted 7 years ago

What can i do to make my articles better?

I want to make what i wrote better. How can i get responses..i know i cant make people respond but in your opinion what do you think are the elements to making it likely people will respond.

2. Dee aka Nonna profile image80
    Dee aka Nonnaposted 7 years ago

Great question.  Hope your get some answers because I'd like to know too.

3. 6stringmethod profile image60
    6stringmethodposted 7 years ago

Dee aka Nonna i see you are getting responses to your posts. I think because you write stories and they are entertaining. Im not getting any im writing more how to articles and i dont know how to exaclty to get responses. I dont know what avenues you use to promote your hubpages but you might want to try facebook and linkin.com   If you use facebook look for interest groups related to your topics. When you post them to your wall it will appear on those interest groups. if you use linkin join the groups that are related to what you write i get alot of hits from linkin especially.

4. leni sands profile image75
    leni sandsposted 7 years ago

You need to be active on the forums, do a little hub hopping, continue to write about what you know about and find similar or like-minded hubbers to befriend/follow.

I have had a quick glance at some of your articles and they are very interesting and very well written.  You are obviously knowledgeable in your topic.  Locate the music related forums and you should be well-away...  You also need to share your hubs on twitter and facebook..., etc.  Do you blog?  I haven't started blogging yet but will do in the New Year  - blogging helps as well, I believe.

I will have a good read of your hubs when I have a little more time.  We are decorating at the moment and trying to get the floors sanded, stained and varnished before Christmas...in the meantime keep up the good work and good luck. Oh and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

5. TomC35 profile image58
    TomC35posted 7 years ago

Well, hopefully in your hubs you use "I" instead of "i" when referring to yourself.

Basically that means proofread your work.  I know I am guilty of not doing so myself sometimes.  We all should do it, and in fact, one thing I was thinking about, and you should too, is to find someone you trust to trade articles with for proofing.  There is nothing like a different set of eyes to catch errors you may glaze over, or point out things that could be said better.

working