I recently asked why some of the 'Related Questions' on my pages have nothing wh

1. Pauladance.co.uk profile image61
    Pauladance.co.ukposted 7 years ago

I recently asked why some of the 'Related Questions' on my pages have nothing whatsoever to do with/

my subject, which is ballroom/Latin Dancing.  Someone kindly told me that they must relate to the overall Category which is Entertainment and Media.  However, for some months now there have been two questions on one of my pages, one relating to infitration of raw sewage, and the other to evidence of previous flooding in their house. Help?????????

2. MickS profile image72
    MickSposted 7 years ago

Yep, I agree with you, we do see some absurd relationships.  Look at the related hubs for this question, there are three.  Two may be related, we would need to look to find out, but one, Atlanta Sank Beneath the Sea, I can't see it, there is nothing there to suggest it is related.
    I think it's to do with tags, keywords.

3. Marisa Wright profile image98
    Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago

Take a close look at the "tags" which you've added to your Hub. They are one of the things used to decide what constitutes a "related Hub".

Delete any tags which are general, and not truly descriptive of the subject.   If you only have one or two, see whether you can add more.

HubPages suggests tags based on the text of your Hub, but it's simply based on how often you use certain words, so it may pick up words that are frequent but not relevant.

Closed to reply

working