jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Whatever happened to Rock n Roll?

1. Reptarking17 profile image60
    Reptarking17posted 7 years ago

Whatever happened to Rock n Roll?

There are so many subgenres now. Where did the root go?

2. moncrieff profile image78
    moncrieffposted 7 years ago

Reportedly Chuck Berry still plays it in St. Louis.

3. rwelton profile image69
    rweltonposted 7 years ago

It died in a plane crash On February 3, 1959 along with : Buddy Holly, Ritchie Valens, and J. P. "The Big Bopper".

Updated answer:  it is just evolution, man.  Red-headed stepchildren sub-genres have driven real rock-n-roll underground.

rlw

4. MickS profile image71
    MickSposted 7 years ago

Rock n roll is just music, written and performed by artists, art and artists change, they don't live in the past and stagnate.

5. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

like any invention or new idea, it evolves . rock and roll was the beginning, sort of like the parent of many types of modern music. the offspring(not the band) of rock and roll are like a parents kids. lots in common but different none the less.

6. Taylorwise profile image79
    Taylorwiseposted 7 years ago

It died. A day or two after Kurt Cobain killed himself. Once in a while it resurfaces, but you have to keep your ear really close to the train tracks to hear it.

7. justom profile image68
    justomposted 7 years ago

Hey hey, My my, rock and roll will never die. It's better to burn out than fade away. My my, Hey hey!   If you think it's dead you ain't payin' attention!

8. meow48 profile image74
    meow48posted 7 years ago

it came out of rhythm and blues, out of desperation and its that same desperation still exists today... it grew and evolved.  From Chuck Berry, to the Beatles, to Led Zeppelin to Rush to Nirvana, to the Foo Fighters to Disturbed..... Heavy Metal, soft rock, Pop... all of it has a parent..... It springs forth an energy to the soul... it speaks loudly so as to not be ignored... Is Rock dead?  Nope... sometimes hidden, it still will strive to answer the same desperation it was derived from.  One just has to keep their ears and heart open and you will find it.

working