jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Whatever happened to the golden rule?

1. madmachio profile image60
    madmachioposted 5 years ago

Whatever happened to the golden rule?

2. DAWNEMARS profile image60
    DAWNEMARSposted 5 years ago

Having a very bad day here. Someone stole a hub of mine. Hope you can forgive that.

3. madmachio profile image60
    madmachioposted 5 years ago

Sorry someone stole it! How did that happen?

4. YvetteParker profile image74
    YvetteParkerposted 5 years ago

The golden rule still exists; but fewer and fewer people are practicing it. Unfortunately, the world is becoming a place where people no longer care about others; only themselves, what they can attain, and how quickly they can attain it (regardless of the means). Society is accepting this as the norm.

5. TylerCapp profile image84
    TylerCappposted 5 years ago

It still exists. That's one of the reasons it is the "Golden Rule".

I follow the golden rule. Recently, I find that if I stick to the golden rule and then somebody else comes along and tries to hinder my survival, not because I've done something to deserve it but because they are selfishly forwarding their personal gain, they get instant karma.

For example: Girl at work starts stealing and attempts to set me up as her scapegoat. BAM! Instant karma, she gets discovered and fired.

The moral of the story, follow the golden rule. Act in the best interest of everybody involved, not just yourself, don't hurt other people. And you'll be alright.

6. edhan profile image60
    edhanposted 5 years ago

My golden rule - Do onto others as what you want others to do onto you

It still exists in my heart and being taught to my children. They will carry on with this rule with their future children (I hope so).

7. Lisas-thoughts101 profile image59
    Lisas-thoughts101posted 5 years ago

I believe it still exists.......1 person at a time. Just make sure it exists with you.  So, sorry dawnemars   how can that happen? That is sad that someone would steal your writing. I would hate for that to happen.

8. profile image0
    Rob Pennposted 5 years ago

My dad took ours to the pawn shop. Boom, Boom.

9. blessedp profile image80
    blessedpposted 5 years ago

It still exists, but is gradually fading.  But if we teach it and live it, it will not fade away.