jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

Have you ever wanted to learn how to play and instrument? What stopped you from

1. Reptarking17 profile image60
    Reptarking17posted 7 years ago

Have you ever wanted to learn how to play and instrument? What stopped you from learning?

2. Entourage_007 profile image85
    Entourage_007posted 7 years ago

I took piano lessons for 3 years and lost motivation... But I was very young at the time, about 10.  Now I am 22 and I've wanted to go back to playing the piano for years but its hard to find the time and it seems much harder to learn at this age. 
    Nevertheless, I do have a piano and I try to play as much as I can, but I need a piano teacher to help me learn music theory etc.

3. Doc Snow profile image96
    Doc Snowposted 7 years ago

Yes--and I'm glad to say that nothing stopped me!

I now play trumpet (and related instruments, like cornet, mellophone and flugelhorn), piano/keyboard, guitar, bass, and dabble a bit with hand percussion.

I recommend it to anyone with a little time and the desire to try it.  It'll enrich your life.

And for entourage__007, check out my music theory Hubs!

http://hubpages.com/hub/Chords-Part-One
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Chords-Part-Two

4. agvulpes profile image87
    agvulpesposted 7 years ago

Looking back I took the easy way out and said I was too busy to devote the hours required for practice. In hindsight I now wish that I had spent the time because the older you get the harder it is to learn (as I'm finding out)
    So all you wanna-bes , get to do the practice while you are young.
    Just Do It smile

5. crmcdonald profile image58
    crmcdonaldposted 7 years ago

I wish it wasn't the case, but for me it was simply a lack of ability.

6. Adrienne.Miss profile image60
    Adrienne.Missposted 7 years ago

I always wanted to learn how to play guitar. But I don't know how to read or write music...

7. kimfaner profile image55
    kimfanerposted 7 years ago

the bass guitar. it hurts my fingers so bad.

8. the_slow_devide profile image54
    the_slow_devideposted 7 years ago

Its never too late to learn to play a instrument i work in a music shop and most days we get a wide variety of ages coming in to buy a guitar or piano to start learning i say 8 or 80 go for it. You dont have to be the next hendrix, learn a few chords and you will have years of fun.

9. C'est La Vie profile image60
    C'est La Vieposted 7 years ago

I can play the piano, and some guitar. But I have always wanted to learn how to play the drums and cello. I haven't learned because I do not own the instruments.

10. FifthEdition profile image60
    FifthEditionposted 7 years ago

i've played guitar for 6 years and I love it

working