jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (13 posts)

Have you ever had the desire to play a musical instrument? What would it be?

1. Rusticliving profile image88
    Rusticlivingposted 6 years ago

Have you ever had the desire to play a musical instrument? What would it be?

Do you have a favorite musical instrument? Have you ever had the desire to learn how to play that favorite instrument. Why would you choose that particular instrument?
    I grew up on the piano and learn to play at the age of 5. I dabbled a little with the cello, but it tickled my knees and learned to play the flute a little until I got braces at the age of 10.  I always wanted to learn how to play the saxaphone. (Tenor to be more precise)

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/6195256_f260.jpg

2. Alecia Murphy profile image78
    Alecia Murphyposted 6 years ago

I learned to play the keyboard in college but I would not mind learning the drums. Drummers keep the beat and without them, you have a pretty hard time with the song's rhythm.

3. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

Piano or guitar.  I think if I had that talent, I would entertain myself all the time.  I have no natural talent for music at all.  The piano fascinates me because it is two hands doing something totally different at the same time - like patting your head and rubbing your tummy at the same time, add foot pedals and singing at the same time and my brain is overwhelmed! :-)

4. xethonxq profile image65
    xethonxqposted 6 years ago

I would absolutely love to learn to play the acoustic guitar. I know how to play the drums, but its not enough. smile

5. VendettaVixen profile image70
    VendettaVixenposted 6 years ago

I'm learning to play the acoustic guitar, but I wouldn't mind learning electric, the piano, and drums too, at some stage.
    All of the above because I just love their sounds, and I'm always very interested in why they make those particular sounds, why the sounds change when you press on a guitar string, etc.
    Also, I hear drums are very good for releasing stress. I wouldn't mind getting rid of some.

6. lburmaster profile image82
    lburmasterposted 6 years ago

I have had the desire however I am not musically gifted and have lost interest. I can barely play guitar. Though I can play piano, it takes me a while to get a new song and even after practicing and practicing, I still make mistakes. However, my favorite musical instrument is my voice and is the only instrument I have been able to play constantly for years.

7. FabLiz86 profile image69
    FabLiz86posted 6 years ago

I played the trumpet in High School but I always wanted to learn how to sing.  And no, singing in the shower doesn't count for me! 

If you're talking about a specific instrument (other than voice) I would love to play the piano.

8. HauteWindowTrends profile image61
    HauteWindowTrendsposted 6 years ago

Guitar. When I play air guitar listening to my favorite tunes, I always wish I'd take the time to learn. I saw an amazing learning device on that Shark Tank show on TV a few weeks ago and I'm thinking of getting it because it looks like you can pick it up fairly quickly.

9. JeanBaylor78 profile image59
    JeanBaylor78posted 6 years ago

I would like to play the guitar or the piano. My cousin tried to teach me how to play the piano once but I when I look at one now I can't remember what keys are what. I think I would have more fun playing the acoustic guitar though or even the electric guitar. If I could play an instrument maybe it would help relax me it would be fun.

10. ziyena profile image82
    ziyenaposted 6 years ago

Acoustic Guitar.  I've always had this hidden little country crooning voice that wants to come out swinging and what better way to show it off than with a good ole acoustic guitar.  Luckily, I have a new man in my life who plays the electric guitar and he has agreed to teach me all he knows.  Soon, I will be justa twanging ...

11. pharuk temmy t profile image39
    pharuk temmy tposted 6 years ago

That has always be guitar and I still have a plan to learn playing it.

12. Hayley Richardson profile image82
    Hayley Richardsonposted 6 years ago

I would love to learn the piano but I don't have the time for lessons.  Also I have really small hands and short stubby fingers. I know kids play but mine are never going to get any bigger!

13. adriantos7 profile image61
    adriantos7posted 3 years ago

Yes,I have had the desire to learn to play an instrument,the piano.Unfortunately I have never come across one.

working