jump to last post 1-21 of 21 discussions (21 posts)

What is your favorite Guns 'N' Roses song?

1. Christopher Floyd profile image60
    Christopher Floydposted 7 years ago

What is your favorite Guns 'N' Roses song?

The original G'N'R, I mean. I can't have just one favorite but I find myself whistling Patience all the time, so I'm going with that one.

2. wychic profile image89
    wychicposted 7 years ago

While Patience is an awesome song (as are most of what they do, in my opinion), there's just something about November Rain that I haven't quite been able to top in all my musical wanderings. I don't know enough about the people behind the music to know where the cutoff is between "original" and "later" (that's my husband's area of expertise...whose favorite is also Patience), November Rain is not only my favorite G 'n' R song, but my all-time favorite.

3. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

either sweet child of mine or november rain. i also love civil war so i can't really say which is my favorite.

4. Christopher Floyd profile image60
    Christopher Floydposted 7 years ago

November Rain has always been my song. It meant so much to me over the years. But then I got the girl. The song remains the same, but I don't feel it the way I used to. The video is awesome.
    Original G'n'R being everything before Chinese Democracy, which is performed by a band led by Axl Rose but totally devoid of any of the other original members of Guns N Roses. I haven't listened to them yet. Don't want to be disappointed. Did like Velvet Revolver, which was essentially Guns N Roses members with Stone Temple Pilots frontman Scott Weiland instead of Axl Rose. The sound was different, but worthwhile. Naturally, they broke up too.

5. bman3725 profile image60
    bman3725posted 7 years ago

Sweet Child of mine
    Paradise City
    Love Patience as well it was a great song as well

6. Rmaley profile image60
    Rmaleyposted 7 years ago

November Rain is the best.  It's like two songs in one.  Who doesn't love that?

The GNR version of "Since I Don't Have You" is also interesting.

7. Str8up Hookups profile image40
    Str8up Hookupsposted 7 years ago

Sweet Child Of Mine!

All time fave!

Paradise City very close 2nd!

8. workingmomwm profile image83
    workingmomwmposted 7 years ago

November Rain, definitely! So many memories attached to that song ...

9. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image95
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 7 years ago

I think most of the original album is just great, in a trashy, drunk and drugged out sort of way.  After G N' R came out, the whole industry shifted to favor rap and hip hop; so G N' R marked the end of an era.

10. LightHouseLady11 profile image53
    LightHouseLady11posted 7 years ago

My fav song is Sweet Child O Mine. I love that song!

11. itsameanoldscene profile image61
    itsameanoldsceneposted 7 years ago

Civil war has been my favourite Guns & Roses song for many a year, the song seems to get more poignant with every conflict that now happens around the world, in my opinion the lyrics are a work of genius.

12. Doc Wordinger profile image96
    Doc Wordingerposted 7 years ago

I'll go with "Estranged" from Use Your Illusion II.

13. Ashantina profile image60
    Ashantinaposted 7 years ago

Faves are November Rain and You could be mine!!
    and 'you in the jungle babeee! you wanna die..!!! aka 'Welcome to the Jungle'

14. lorddraven2000 profile image91
    lorddraven2000posted 7 years ago

Sweey Child!!! I am always humming it or playing it on my bass

15. mannyrolando profile image58
    mannyrolandoposted 7 years ago

"sweet child o mine and "patience" are by far my favorites!

16. ahostagesituation profile image80
    ahostagesituationposted 7 years ago

I'm not sure if it's "November Rain," or "Don't Cry."  November Rain was how I even got into the band.   Both songs--strong lyrics.

17. thelistmania profile image56
    thelistmaniaposted 7 years ago

Of Course "Sweet Child of mine". It remains fresh although the year, no matter how many times I hear it. Still, the rock ballet "Stairway to heaven" by Led Zep remains my all time favorite in rock and roll genre.

18. soaps profile image61
    soapsposted 7 years ago

November Rain, I like the style of Stefhany Seymor

19. profile image0
    Kbraggposted 7 years ago

Sweet Child O' Mine is my favorite by them.

20. averageguypov profile image61
    averageguypovposted 7 years ago

Sweet child o' mine by far. One of those songs if I hear it come on the radio I have to turn it up.

21. morika2 profile image52
    morika2posted 7 years ago

I would have to say Civil War.  I do like most G&R songs but that one always gets me.

working