jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

Who is the best Mom and/or Dad in a television series or film?

1. Genna East profile image88
    Genna Eastposted 7 years ago

Who is the best Mom and/or Dad in a television series or film?

This may sound like a silly question, but my son recently told me he referred to me as a particular film Mom to his friends; I won’t say which one, but I was flattered.  (And no, it wasn’t June Cleaver.)  Who do you think was the mother or father of all time in a television series or film, and why?

If I had to pick a father, it would be Atticus Finch in “To Kill A Mockingbird.”  (Although it was a Pulitzer winner first.)

2. moonshadows profile image61
    moonshadowsposted 7 years ago

My favorite TV mom is Lorelay Gillmore from "The Gillmore Girls"-lighthearted, clever, funny, loving and devoted. The favorite father part seems more difficult to answer. I'm not much in for the TV things so this is not probably the best answer, though.

3. Wayne Brown profile image82
    Wayne Brownposted 7 years ago

I think it was probably Jim and Margaret Anderson on the series from the late 50's eary 60's..."Father Knows Best". They seemed like really good level headed parents who were involved in their children's lfe but not overly injected. WB

4. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 7 years ago

For me it has to be \Cliff and Clare Huxtable on the COSBY show.  They were happy together, and they dealt with life's problems with a sense of humor.  I wanted to be a member of that family so badly.

5. ChristineVianello profile image59
    ChristineVianelloposted 7 years ago

Ok my answer is probably not the best one but I LOVE Archie and Edith Bunker! I love Archies tough exterior with his big heart anbd Edith's sillyness.

6. optimus grimlock profile image61
    optimus grimlockposted 7 years ago

dad has to be bill cosby, mom june clever

7. jlastevens profile image59
    jlastevensposted 7 years ago

This one was easy for me!

Mrs. Weasley from Harry Potter! I love the character and this mom knows how to kick butt when her babies are in danger!

Love it!

8. Edoka Writes profile image60
    Edoka Writesposted 7 years ago

I love Florida Evans from Good Times and Bill Cosby from The Cosby Show. Honorable mentions; mom and dad from The Brady Bunch and the dad from Gidget (one of my favorite shows ever!)

9. tmckim profile image59
    tmckimposted 6 years ago

Charlie Sheen and that other guy on 2.5 men.

10. Rachelle Williams profile image91
    Rachelle Williamsposted 6 years ago

Cliff and Claire Huxtable, Sherrif Andy Taylor, James & Florida Evans, Mike & Carol Brady, Atticus Finch, Elyse and Steven Keaton.