jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What are some tips for keeping a child interested in music?

1. WryLilt profile image92
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

What are some tips for keeping a child interested in music?

2. DaNoblest profile image61
    DaNoblestposted 6 years ago

I would say to try and keep the experience fun and rewarding. Positive feedback will also help.

3. Themoontickets profile image57
    Themoonticketsposted 6 years ago

-Listening good music, which child Like
    -give them some freedom on their choice
    -If You teacher or parent you must be interested in music of course. Because you are his idol!

but this is just my opinion smile

4. TheMusiconomy profile image77
    TheMusiconomyposted 6 years ago

From a very early age, you should be teaching music appreciation. If you're a parent trying to get your child interested or want to keep your child interested, you have to express music appreciation yourself.

You don't need to be a music expert. But you should always have music on in the car and in the house whenever possible. When you're together listening to music, have a conversation about it. Ask your child what he/she thinks about the singer, the piano, the beat, etc.  The point is to surround them with music and engage them. Get them to think about the music.

And play quality music: jazz, classical, and some pop. Keep away from the rap and hiphop!!!

I have so much more to say but I don't want to monopolize the hub space! You're welcome to write me anytime.

5. Mentalist acer profile image60
    Mentalist acerposted 6 years ago

Buy him a musical instrument appropriate for their age.Impress upon your child that music is a great way to make friends.That music helps to express/show people the  how they really feel creatively.wink

working