jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (12 posts)

Metallica or Iron Maiden?

1. yiasa profile image61
    yiasaposted 7 years ago

Metallica or Iron Maiden?

2. Shinkicker profile image97
    Shinkickerposted 7 years ago

Metallica for quality, Iron Maiden for consistency. But I think Metallica overall :-)

3. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

iron maiden for me. they have been around for a long time, playing the same style of music without getting commercial.

4. wychic profile image90
    wychicposted 7 years ago

Metallica smile. I'm not a big fan of some of the more recent stuff, but LOVE their older ballads especially.

5. Ivorwen profile image75
    Ivorwenposted 7 years ago

Metallica -- All of it.  There are things I like about each and every album.
    Then Savatage.

6. AGBarteck profile image58
    AGBarteckposted 6 years ago

oh, shit.  This again?  seriously?  it's either Metallica vs. Megadeth or 'Tallica vs. Maiden.  Why not appreciate them for what THEY are, not how they relate to the others, huh?

7. IamMaster profile image60
    IamMasterposted 6 years ago

Metallica for me, but I love Maiden too.

8. hotwebideas profile image73
    hotwebideasposted 6 years ago

That's a hard one since they are really two different type of bands, but I would say Metallica is my choice.

9. FatFreddysCat profile image98
    FatFreddysCatposted 6 years ago

20 years ago I would've said Metallica, and their old stuff still rules, but nowadays... Iron Maiden.

10. IntroduceCroatia profile image57
    IntroduceCroatiaposted 6 years ago

This is the classic question and very tough. Because they are in different genres. I prefer Iron Maiden because they were the first metal band I've listened.

11. TheHeavyReview profile image72
    TheHeavyReviewposted 6 years ago

I love old school Metallica, but their new stuff just doesn't hold up. Therefore, I'm choosing Iron Maiden.  Iron Maiden haven't truly commercialized or sold out.  They've also made MANY more good albums than Metallica.  Both had great albums during the 80s.  The difference is that Metallica had 4 and Iron Maiden had 7.  Also, I would only rate the first two Metallica albums as highly as I would rate any of Maiden's albums from the 80s.

12. SkySlave profile image84
    SkySlaveposted 5 years ago

Iron Maiden all the way! Metallica are awesome but they dont top Maiden!