jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Is it awkward to see a movie by yourself?

1. Matt in Jax profile image68
    Matt in Jaxposted 7 years ago

Is it awkward to see a movie by yourself?

2. LeisureLife profile image72
    LeisureLifeposted 7 years ago

Why should it be awkward to watch something that your interested in?  I'm guessing you mean in a movie theatre...In that case, no one can see you anyways.

3. ewd76 profile image57
    ewd76posted 7 years ago

It is at first, but you can get used to it. If you are going to go by yourself and want to feel the least conspicuous go during really really off times like 3:30 on a beautiful spring afternoon and anyone who is in there will either be alone or won't care. That or when it's really busy such as 9:00 on a Friday Night at a really popular movie and it's hard to find a seat. In which you will almost certainly end up sitting next to somebody. If you are going to try the latter, make sure there will be no one there who might possibly recognize you and realize that you are alone. If you can get those down, it won't take long before you won't think anything of going by yourself anytime.

4. Loafycakes profile image67
    Loafycakesposted 7 years ago

It's not awkward it's just not as fun. I prefer to go with someone.

5. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 7 years ago

I really dislike going out to the show and sitting in seats where kids have vomited and people spill greasy food.  So I wouldn't go alone but I would stay home and get Netflix on my flat screen.

6. lmoynihan082 profile image61
    lmoynihan082posted 7 years ago

I don't think it is. I've done it myself before and it's not so bad.
    It's good to spend time with yourself every now and again.

7. profile image0
    marellenposted 7 years ago

I have seen many movies by myself. I usually go to the matinees, just feel more comfortable.  I don't see anything awkward about it.

working