jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

Does American Idol miss Simon and do you?

1. Billrrrr profile image82
    Billrrrrposted 6 years ago

Does American Idol miss Simon and do you?

2. gis_r07 profile image83
    gis_r07posted 6 years ago

I think that Steven does not offer as much constructive criticism as Simon did. Simon also offered his own unique and crass style. Initially I missed him, but I like the energy of this new judge- combo.

3. profile image0
    Dandraposted 6 years ago

I think Simon is bloated and looks like Susan Boyle in drag. So, no, I don't miss him.

4. duffsmom profile image58
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

I've only watched the show a few times but I found Simon's criticism cruel and unkind.  It is possible to criticize constructively--but then there would be no show.

5. minjin25 profile image59
    minjin25posted 6 years ago

I don't miss Simon at all. I think he was rude and a bit boring. The new team of judges are great, especially Jennifer. She's in the biz and knows her stuff. The entire show this year seems so much better.

6. Billrrrr profile image82
    Billrrrrposted 6 years ago

Simon was a slob...wearing tee shirts on national tv and yes under that tee shirt it looked like he needed a bra.

7. profile image0
    BentleyMomposted 6 years ago

I miss the criticism, everyone cannot be great all the time. I know this group is good but they have to be given constructive criticism to grow an learn from.

8. celebritie profile image80
    celebritieposted 6 years ago

Simon is the only reason most people wanted to watch american idol, its not the same without him. I watch the UK X Factor now.

9. Cloverleaf profile image85
    Cloverleafposted 6 years ago

I do miss Simon because he always told the truth, and even though his truth was often hurtful, I often agreed with the points he made.

10. SD Dickens profile image85
    SD Dickensposted 6 years ago

I miss Simon.  He could always be counted upon to provide real critiques of the contestants.  Yes, he was sometimes rude but at least he didn't tell everyone how great they are all the time like the current judges.