jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Have You Ever Been TailGated While Driving & Break Checked The Person Behind You

1. YouWontUpload.Com profile image60
    YouWontUpload.Composted 6 years ago

Have You Ever Been TailGated While Driving & Break Checked The Person Behind You? Be Honest..

It Is Not The Safest Thing To Do..But WE BREAK HARD!
    It Sure Does Prove A Point!

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/4871532_f260.jpg

2. PR Morgan profile image59
    PR Morganposted 6 years ago

I did it one time...and the guy was so pissed I was afraid he was going to run me off the road....but he was driving like an a**  hole so i didn't care!  Me and my girlfriend were laughing so bad because he was flailing his arms and giving me the finger...I will never forget it!

3. J.S.Matthew profile image83
    J.S.Matthewposted 6 years ago

Well, you asked for honesty...I'm 33 now but when I was between the ages of 17 and 22, I was a rather erratic driver. I was fast and quick to be offensive. I often worked between 30 and 100+ miles from my home as a traveling photographer and speed was my catalyst to getting where I needed to be.

I had a lot of road-rage influenced near-accidents back then but now when I look back, I realize that I was being immature and dangerous to everyone including myself.

I would often "check my breaks" to tailgaters and I would often be the one "riding ass".  It got so bad with one job that was almost 2 hours of "crazy stop and go traffic" away, that I had to quit the job. It was like the road was a wrestling ring.

I am glad that I matured and slowed down. I also always wear my seat belt- click here to see why: http://hubpages.com/hub/I-was-in-a-car- … y-seatbelt

Point here is that you only live once. Why die because of your own stupidity? Driving too fast, drunk, or being distracted by cell phones, texting, or whatever, is just plain dumb!

Take it easy and get there when you get there. Save racing and stunts for the track. Too many people die in car accidents that could be avoided. Besides...I'd rather swear at bad drivers inside my head! It makes me feel better!

JSMatthew~

4. framistan profile image58
    framistanposted 6 years ago

No!  I don't do that and here is why: When i was very young i drove fast and weaved in & out of traffic lanes thinking i was getting there faster.  Then one day an old man honked at me and "waved" hello.  I passed him and zoomed ahead leaving him in the dust.  Two blocks later we all stopped at the next red-light... where he honked at me and waved at me again!  I realized he was the smart one and i was an idiot.  So i stopped driving like that.  I don't tailgate and I don't speed.  But many people do.  I have found it is safest to just SLOW DOWN A LITTLE BIT but don't hit the brakes...when you get a tailgater.  This way they move on around you without getting angry. Problem solved and I didn't loose control (of my emotions).   I drive the speed limit and just MOZEY down the road without getting upset at other drivers.  I see people screaming at me in my rear view mirror but they don't upset me.  They are the ones "out of control."  I figure they will wise up someday and slow down.

working