jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

Is a day spent watching movies wasted if you could have been working?

1. LeisureLife profile image72
    LeisureLifeposted 7 years ago

Is a day spent watching movies wasted if you could have been working?

2. weezywade22 profile image61
    weezywade22posted 7 years ago

Well I guess it all depends on the movies...

3. lycorne profile image63
    lycorneposted 7 years ago

Well that would depend on the movies, and what work had to be done.  If it's house work, perhaps you can get a few minutes in here and there between the movies, but one should NEVER have to spend the entire day doing housework.  If it's for a job, well then it's doing to up the individual to decide which is more important the satisfaction of watching enjoyable movies, or having your work complete.

4. Jeannieinabottle profile image93
    Jeannieinabottleposted 7 years ago

Working?  Who wants to work?

If you were supposed to be at work, yet you stayed in and watched movies all day, then yes that would be a waste.  If it was your day off and you watched movies all day, that was your choice and totally not a waste.  Sometimes you need to relax and take some time for yourself.

5. Alastar Packer profile image85
    Alastar Packerposted 7 years ago

Yes, wasted would be the optimal word!  Whoopee!

6. lburmaster profile image82
    lburmasterposted 7 years ago

Yes. You're not making money, you aren't doing anything productive. However that is from my point of view. I spend 7 hours each day in high school watching movies. A home schooler, I got all of my classes and homework done by noon. Sometimes I even did a weeks worth of homework in one day because I wanted something to do, anything other than watching more movies.

7. J.S.Matthew profile image83
    J.S.Matthewposted 7 years ago

Yes...unless you are writing Movie Reviews here on HubPages!

JSMatthew~

8. Sarah Masson profile image67
    Sarah Massonposted 7 years ago

I think any time spent doing something that you've enjoyed is not time wasted.

9. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

not in the least. in fact if you chose to watch tv or do anything relaxing over making money you deserve a pat on the back. too many people these days spend too much time on their quest for money and it's sad.

10. TheBlondie profile image60
    TheBlondieposted 7 years ago

No! Like John Lennon said, Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted. If you're having fun, and would rather do something for a day instead of working, your time isn't wasted.

11. TimMEy profile image82
    TimMEyposted 7 years ago

Nope,

definitely not. Movies are unique and widen your horizon. Basically I would sit in my room and watch movies all day but unfortunately I have to go to work. Would prefer the movies though because there I can learn something, which I can´t at work.

working