I am a lazy hubber. I have been working on a hub for almost a year! does this ha

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (34 posts)
  1. clivewilliams profile image73
    clivewilliamsposted 8 years ago

I am a lazy hubber. I have been working on a hub for almost a year! does this happen to anyone else?

2. Penelope Cruz profile image73
    Penelope Cruzposted 8 years ago

This question is so funny.  I'm a very motivated hubber and have been cranking hubs out lately, however, I do feel your pain.  Fighting procrastination is something I think we all struggle with.  You should start a hub about this topic.  Also, don't forget gig sites like fiverr are there to help you out. For $5 you can get someone to write a 500 word article for you about the topic of your choice.  This might be the assistance you need to get going.

Good luck.

clivewilliamsposted 8 years agoin reply to this

can't afford 5 bucks to pay to write, would love someone give me five bucks to write anything

2. Penelope Cruz profile image73
      Penelope Cruzposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Okay, forget fiverr.  How about making this topic a hub??? I'd really appreciate a hub where someone has researched how to overcome procrastination, writers block, and the like. Productivity hacks are very popular now.

3. billybuc profile image85
    billybucposted 8 years ago

You aren't fooling me at all, Clive. I see you name pop up two, three and four times weekly with new hubs. Nothing lazy about you as a writer....now, regarding household chores, I have no idea. smile

LOL@billy.....i have this hub that is killing me....its been in my account for a year and i have been working on it. I am lazy regarding this hub....need to get it out

2. Misfit Chick profile image76
      Misfit Chickposted 8 years agoin reply to this

If you're still writing, its probably just that hub. Sounds more to me like you need motivation surrounding the topic. I have maybe 3 or 4 hubs that have been hanging around like that - one has been sitting as a draft for over a year.

3. Venkatachari M profile image88
      Venkatachari Mposted 8 years agoin reply to this

All this looks like you people are kidding. It's a pleasure to fool people. Enjoy!
      But, I myself take 4 or 5 days in writing it directly here in edit mode- One or two paragraphs a day. It depends on moods and topic. At times, I finish it in one day.

4. CallaLizzy profile image60
    CallaLizzyposted 8 years ago

I go through these bouts of inspiration where I write a few hubs, sometimes multiple per week but then I go for months without writing anything! It's very frustrating for myself.

I do also often start a hub and then never finish until months later.

some of my hubs are like that too.....but sometimes other topics come a float and i finish those quickly and then there is just this one God Damn hub annoying me like a freaking mosquito!

5. janshares profile image94
    jansharesposted 8 years ago

I might have an idea looming in my head for a year. But once I have the idea formatted in my head, I can knock it out in a few days. I think we all drag our feet in one way or another as writers. You'll get it done, Clive.

Some hub topics are like acne, in order to get it out you out to simply get rid of it.....

6. tsmog profile image85
    tsmogposted 8 years ago

Ha - Ha . . . :-) How big has it grown? Is it now a book? It seems that is the case with some I have been working at for a year or more. That presents perplexity. Do you discover those types of hurdles with some projects too?

I could drift probably too far on the subject of being a lazy Hubber . . . best not got there LOL . . . okay you talked me into it :-), so . . .

Presently all my hubs are on the drawing board. I have not published in a while now. My score suffers because of that I guess. My challenge may be laziness too, but I think more to indecision. Thus, I tend to lean toward it can wait while I have a desire to better Hubs . . .

Oopps! I see this can become a Hub . . . best not got there . . . hmmmm, maybe a book . . . I dun'no . . . Maybe just copy/paste into my file and set it aside to simmer  . . . thus the cycle of being lazy? I dun'no . . .

Ok  Tim, i think you just beat me on the lazy hubber meter. I push out hubs, but there are some i take up look at and then dress it back in baby clothes and put to sleep. They never grow. With some hubs, i am definitely a lazy hubber

2. tsmog profile image85
      tsmogposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I have to giggle + giggle Clive. My file named appropriately 'Hub ideas not published', of which most are from the QA section has 6 sub-folders ;-) They are Prior 2013, 2013, 2014, 2015, Back Burner, and Develop. I guess I am lazy or am hoarding LOL

7. Jodah profile image91
    Jodahposted 8 years ago

I can't say I have ever had a hub that took over a year to write Clive. My convict series probably took around a month for each part because of the research involved. Like you I often publish shorter simpler hubs while working on a more detaied one. I have one I want to write this month but just can't make myself start it as I know when I do it will consume all my time and I have other important things to do. Keep at it though, I am sure it will be well worth the wait.

yes jodah, that is exactly it.

8. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 8 years ago

You are an active chap here, I don't see you are that Iazy at all.

maybe, i feel that way when writing some hubs

9. Nevel McManus profile image61
    Nevel McManusposted 8 years ago

No, you are not the only one. I have not even started my first hub, but I am new at this. So all I have to say is hang in there it will come to you. Sooner than later. big_smile

10. Ericdierker profile image45
    Ericdierkerposted 8 years ago

Ah misery loves company. Nope it ain't the hub buddy. It is you. We love the term lazy in my home. I am the big lazy elephant. Lazy lazy lazy. Does it mean you are laying in the grass with a fishing line tied to your big toe with some straw in your teeth looking up at the clouds as they pass by and contemplating the meaning of the word "work"? Now that is my kind of lazy.
    The hub is not the problem. You have an issue. The hub writing makes you deal with that issue. And you are not ready to take out the knife, cut yourself open and do some exploratory surgery. It hurts like hell and leaves you feeling rode hard and put up wet.
    Probably you need some deep emotional pain that you want to avoid so you go ahead and dive in head first.
    Well I hope you enjoyed my bullshit pop psychology -- I did ;-)

lol...hope you dont plan on being a psychiatrist any time soon.......

2. tsmog profile image85
      tsmogposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Eric is that not the plight of a writer not matter the type, style, genre, and even financial motivation? The writer has issue be that of self or otherwise that gnaws at them. The only way to make sense of such an 'issue' is to get it out of mind.

11. Daddy Paul profile image64
    Daddy Paulposted 8 years ago

I get sick of hubbing. Then I get some time and find it fun again.

huba dub dub

12. Faceless39 profile image93
    Faceless39posted 8 years ago

I always have about 10-15 semi-finished hubs floating around. Sometimes I start and just get more interested in other things. Eventually I'll either finish or delete them. My record is waiting 3 years to finish one of them. I wouldn't call it laziness; I just don't think that writing on a topic unless you're passionate about it is a good idea. Passions can go through phases, so I just wait until the phase comes through again..

real talk

13. liesl5858 profile image81
    liesl5858posted 8 years ago

I don't think you are a lazy hubber Clive, your name always pops up here on the comment section. You might be working on a novel that is why it is taking you a year. I am the lazy one, I only publish a hub when I get inspired or I get an idea. Then I stop and start again. My publishing a hub is not continuous and I get frustrated sometimes. I just don't have the motivation nowadays. I guess I call myself an irregular hubber.

Don't worry Linda, nothing happens before its time. Probably you need to motivate your self more.

14. jgs profile image64
    jgsposted 8 years ago

Perhaps writing and publishing are not your forte.

okaaaayyyyyyyyy then

15. Ayaa Speaks profile image60
    Ayaa Speaksposted 8 years ago

Im a new hubber and I guess I'm still trying to find my hubbing-feet...but i must say I'm glad that other 'hubbers' face these challenges...I have written one hub that to my great beginner's joy got the little icon that said 'featured'on it...now I have written my title for the second one and i am stuck wondering if I am not branding my writing into a box.
    I do want to write atleast 2-3 short hubs a week, just to get me into the flow and habit of writing and researching on content...look forward to learning how to hub my way and hope it is more fulfilling for the process than the quantity of published hubs...be blessed

16. CJWood71 profile image83
    CJWood71posted 8 years ago

I can answer this with a simple "yes". I have many partially written hubs and a few of them I have been working on for more than a year. Usually, I get an idea and get started on it, only to find myself short on time, or the idea does not flow as I intended.  Yet I keep getting new ideas. I could double my hub count simply by finishing up my partials.

so true, same here. have some hubs as old as slavery

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)