jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Was Rapper Common performing at the White House offensive?

1. Drew Breezzy profile image71
    Drew Breezzyposted 6 years ago

Was Rapper Common performing at the White House offensive?

Rapper Common was invited to the White to perform and subject of much ridicule.

2. profile image0
    vinsanityposted 6 years ago

I don't think so. It seems like every time that someone is invited to play at a large and important venue, someone is always up in arms about it. People need to stop getting worked up over musicians. What they say is their own words and if you don't like their music, they never asked you to like it. This is coming from a performing musician.

3. Jeromeo profile image60
    Jeromeoposted 6 years ago

This is another distraction from the true agenda, of those who are trying to subjugate the American Middle Class, to a position of being, owned and operated, by the Free Masons.

The attack on the American economy, the right to collective bargaining, speculated, higher gas prices, free market enslavement, over priced tuition for higher learning, these are the real stories of note.

But the non-story of Common performing at the White House is placed in the forefront of the news; to distract those who hate others, because of the color of their skin, so they won't notice where the real threat to their way of life is coming from.

4. caltex profile image60
    caltexposted 6 years ago

What if the tables were turned? 
    Let's say we can fast forward to the future... another president (not Obama) invites a rapper into the WH who called for the burning of Obama on one of his raps?  I would look at it to be as offensive and very disrespectful to Obama as this invite is to George W. Bush.

5. Marcy-Lipton profile image59
    Marcy-Liptonposted 6 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/5049390_f260.jpg

NO! The Right is taken this way out of proportion! They are pulling lyrics from his music out of context and choosing to hear what they want to hear, then they splash it all over fox news.

Common is a positive role model and not some thug turned hip hop artist.

Personally I am not a big fan of Common's music but I must admit that he is a talented artist.

He also shows us the inequities in society through his music and his music is laced with positive messages.

6. mattdigiulio profile image76
    mattdigiulioposted 6 years ago

Common was in Gap commercials. He does meditation and wears turtlenecks. I'm pretty sure we're all safe.

working