jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Soooo, what's up with all of the comic book movies?

1. jeromicus profile image60
    jeromicusposted 6 years ago

Soooo, what's up with all of the comic book movies?

So, a ton of comic book movies have been made since film became a dominant medium of art and storytelling. And it seems as though more are being made every year. Why do you think that is the case?

2. Ben Graves profile image82
    Ben Gravesposted 6 years ago

My best guess would be that Hollywood is running out of things to adapt and remake these days, and so a lot of comic books are being found to be more untouched territory.

3. BabyCheetah profile image73
    BabyCheetahposted 6 years ago

Well I'd say since there are a lot of comicbook fans out there they have decided to cash in. I must say I did enjoy Thor and honestly didn't realise that it was Marvel yikes

4. CeresTine profile image58
    CeresTineposted 6 years ago

It's either comic books or never ending sequels of box-office hits. With comic books, you already have a storyline. Just add screenplay, special effects, powerhouse casting, hyped up promotion and voila! all set for a potential movie hit. Or flop.

5. crankalicious profile image93
    crankaliciousposted 6 years ago

Movies are a business and making a successful film is a lot easier if you already have a built in audience. Comic books not only have built-in fans, but rabid fans, who are very likely to come out and see the film. This makes a return on investment very likely.

Hollywood does not make movies for fun or for art, they make them for profit. Comic book adaptations offer a very high rate of return.

6. cjcarter profile image76
    cjcarterposted 6 years ago

I think it really took off when Marvel started producing their own movies. That kindof ignited a whole new genre of movie. I'm not unhappy about it though! Bring on the comics!

7. preacherdon profile image73
    preacherdonposted 6 years ago

There's not much originality or original thinking left in Hollywood so they adapt someone else's.

8. skinsman82000 profile image81
    skinsman82000posted 5 years ago

Usually when movies do well, everyone copies those sources or ideas in Hollywood...it just so happens in this case that it's a good thing instead of a bunch of asteroid movies.  But seriously, superhero movies couldn't really have their due until the special effects were believable enough.  Now they are.

working