jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What do you think about netflix raising its prices

1. jake13edward profile image58
    jake13edwardposted 6 years ago

What do you think about netflix raising its prices

2. J.S.Matthew profile image82
    J.S.Matthewposted 6 years ago

I use the online Streaming-Only plan so I haven't been affected by the price increase. I did hear about it though. Seams rather expensive for Netflix.

JSMatthew~

3. sj_workman79 profile image59
    sj_workman79posted 6 years ago

I use both streaming and mail so I am a little upset about the raise in price. I'm trying my hardest to save money so I think I'm going to let go of one of them but not sure which one.

4. barbergirl28 profile image76
    barbergirl28posted 6 years ago

I don't care for the increase. It made things affordable, but as a business, I guess they are losing money. And when that happens,  they have to raise there prices. I love the concept so I will probably keep paying.
    Unfortunately I would love to get rid of the actual DVDs but some stuff just isn't streamed. Besides, for the amount of movies we watch it is still cheaper than going to the video store and buying or renting. My motivation, it keeps my husband from buying movies.
    Also, we had the service in 2003, and if I am remembering correctly, the raised price is what it used to be. But today they have a lot more competition as well. It is a lose lose situation!

5. Daffy Duck profile image60
    Daffy Duckposted 6 years ago

It doesn't matter to me.  I don't use Netflix.  I will just go see a movie at the theatre.  It's part of the experience.

6. Jonesy0311 profile image60
    Jonesy0311posted 6 years ago

I have been a member of Netflix for several years. I have downgraded from unlimited streaming and one at a time mail videos to mail only. I would have cancelled my account in protest had my wife not convinced me otherwise. Netflix followed a tried and true method: offer a service at very competitive prices to crush the competition and then raise rates. As soon as Blockbuster got into trouble, Netflix raised its rates by 60%. Honestly, I'm disgusted. But, apparantly it didn't bother me enough to cancel my account, so I guess they win.

working