jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Have you ever watched a movie or read a book that completely changed your outloo

1. sj_workman79 profile image58
    sj_workman79posted 6 years ago

Have you ever watched a movie or read a book that completely changed your outlook on life?

Have you ever watched a movie or read a book that completely changed your outlook on life?

2. CarltheCritic1291 profile image74
    CarltheCritic1291posted 6 years ago

"Edward Scissorhands"  actually stopped me from committing suicide long ago. I hope this answers your question, it is a really great one.

3. Oneit profile image67
    Oneitposted 6 years ago

One of the most recent films I watched that I would consider quite life altering and with deep meaning is the Adjustment Bureau. Not only is it a great film but it really opens your eyes up to "Chance" and "Fate" and whether or not someone has a plan for all of us.

4. jacqui2011 profile image83
    jacqui2011posted 6 years ago

What a great question. I read a book called "A man named Dave". The book was written by a man called Dave Pelzer who had suffered abuse and torture at the hands of his mother all through his childhood. He went on and grew up to be a wonderful compassionate man who is very caring and talks about his experiences in the book. He suffered so much emotionally and physically, a survivor who didn't allow his past to ruin his future. I was reduced to tears reading about his life, yet he believes that the challenges he faced made him who he is today. A true gentleman and an inspiration.

5. Mr.NGR profile image59
    Mr.NGRposted 6 years ago

I read a book when I was about 15 called "Zen and the art of motorcycle maintenance" It has nothing to do with motorcycle maintenance but it made me change my whole outlook on life. I advise everyone to read it at least once.

6. KateWest profile image77
    KateWestposted 6 years ago

@CarltheCritic1291 That is an amazingly brave thing to admit.

As for the life changer - reading CATCHER IN THE RYE as a teen changed the way I thought of literature as a much more reality-based and modern reflection of how we live. I can see why people tire of it's self-absorption, but you can't deny it's really well-written.

working