jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Which is the best comedy on television ever?

1. cephla profile image59
    cephlaposted 6 years ago

Which is the best comedy on television ever?

I was wondering which is the best comedy TV show you've ever watched. My personal favorite is Seinfeld, which I watch all over again every few months. So what about you?

2. Neerizzle profile image81
    Neerizzleposted 6 years ago

Friends! I feel like I can watch the series over and over without ever getting bored of it. I liked Seinfeld and it's really similar but the characters just aren't as 3 dimensional in it as they are in Friends.

3. rikabothra profile image61
    rikabothraposted 6 years ago

My favourite comedy would be 'How I met your mother'. I love NPH's character Barney, he cracks me up everytime he says something!

4. Richard Craig profile image76
    Richard Craigposted 6 years ago

Family Guy.  It's just outrageously funny and always lifts my mood.  After that I might go for Friends or classic Only Fools & Horses.

5. CyclingFitness profile image94
    CyclingFitnessposted 6 years ago

Coupling (BBC)
    It was almost labelled as a British 'Friends'- except it was much more adult and alot funnier and has spawned the dictionary term a 'jeffism' (I have a hub on this with lots of funny clips). No man ever wants to see 'the Melty man' and have you every experienced 'the sock gap'?

Also for sheer adult comedy (never watch if sensitive to swearing or easily offended)
    Mt Tourette master signmaker from Modern Toss
    A little known TV show that was extremely offensive and very dark in it's humour

6. Akshat.verma profile image35
    Akshat.vermaposted 6 years ago

Family Guy is the best TV show!!And in India it is Comedy Circus!

7. JEDIJESSICUH profile image81
    JEDIJESSICUHposted 6 years ago

That 70's Show. It's clean, for the most part, and I never fail to get tired of the show. I agree with Family Guy, but there are some episodes that make me cringe. Anything involving that chicken Peter fights with all the time makes me skip over the episode and find something else to watch.

8. Greensleeves Hubs profile image97
    Greensleeves Hubsposted 6 years ago

As a Brit, three of my four favourites are British comedies. The exception is 'Friends' which can be found somewhere in the schedules every day, ever.

The Home grown comedies I like include 'Porridge' about a cynical, but quick-witted, prisoner trying to get through the daily misery of prison life, whilst putting one over on the guards, and 'Only Fools and Horses' about a couple of street trader brothers with dreams of making it rich one day, buit without much sense between the pair of them.

My all-time favourite however is 'Yes Minister' (later Yes Prime Minister) - a brilliantly clever sitcom about a politician obsessed with trying to make himself universally popular with everyone, and his relationship with the administrators and bureaucrats who are supposed to be serving him, but who have their own agenda serving their own interests