jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Who is your FAVORITE horror movie actor?

1. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 6 years ago

Who is your FAVORITE horror movie actor?

2. Literature Fairy profile image77
    Literature Fairyposted 6 years ago

That is a tough question, as I love my horror movies! Christopher Lee is a great! My fave horror movie is 'The Shining' so I guess Jack Nicholson is up there too! LF x

3. Nefarious_Misery profile image68
    Nefarious_Miseryposted 6 years ago

I'd like you to know that I put a significant amount of thought into this question. Having an inner debate on what to judge a favorite on. You can't justly say Jason, or Michael Meyers because they had no lines or actual acting, not to mention the fact that there were almost always different actors used for each movie. I also looked at villians vs heroes. Did I base my favorite on creep factor alone, or were any actors in any horror movies viable candidates.

I guess it goes without saying that I probably overthought this process. But I finally came up with one.

I am going to say Will Smith.
    The only reason I say this is because he ALONE carried I Am Legend. Very few actors could have pulled off an entire movie almost entirely by themselves, but he did, and it was a great movie.

4. vmartinezwilson profile image86
    vmartinezwilsonposted 6 years ago

I'm going to sway in another direction.  I have lot of favorites, but for the quality of films and the quantity of actual horror films produced, I'm going to have to go with Jaime Lee Curtis who starred in Halloween, The Fog, Prom Night just to name a few.  She's the quintessential scream queen.

5. FloraBreenRobison profile image59
    FloraBreenRobisonposted 6 years ago

Apparently, I'm the only one who is choosing a classic movie actor from the studio era. My favourite is Vincent Price, followed closely by Boris Karloff. I see I have already gotten a -1. Some people just don't appreciate classic actors.

6. calyxxx profile image60
    calyxxxposted 5 years ago

No one her mentioned late great actor Anthony Perkins. He was amazing in all Psycho movies as Norman Bates. He was really scary in Edge of Sanity. He also did a good job in horror movies like: Daughter of the Darkness, A Demon in My View, In the Deep Woods, etc.