What does Gibbs mean with “Boy, I got vision! And the rest of the world is weari

1. Cat R profile image76
    Cat Rposted 6 years ago

What does Gibbs mean with “Boy, I got vision! And the rest of the world is wearing bi-focals!”?

Jethro Gibbs says in one of the NCIS episodes: “Boy, I got vision! And the rest of the world is wearing bi-focals!”
    What do you think he means by that?

2. vmartinezwilson profile image83
    vmartinezwilsonposted 6 years ago

I have no idea about the context, but I'm guessing he's saying that the rest of the world is basically blind and he sees beyond that.  Just a thought.

3. Elizabethan profile image72
    Elizabethanposted 6 years ago

He sees beyond what the world sees.  His vision is clear, when the rest of the world's vision is blurred, or they see only what they're told, or expected to see.  Example:  When two people look at a piece of abstract art.  The person "wearing bifocals" sees only the structure and the general perception of the art, the person with the "vision" sees the inner message that the artist was imagining, or he sees the different ideas that the artist was designing. 
    That's my idea of what the quote means at least! I hope I make sense haha smile

working