jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

Who's your favorite 70's Rock n Roll Band?

1. Didistoyz profile image59
    Didistoyzposted 8 years ago

Who's your favorite 70's Rock n Roll Band?

2. wsp2469 profile image61
    wsp2469posted 8 years ago

I think you need to clarify the question.  Are we limited to bands who ONLY had a career in the 70s or are we allowed to mention bands who still put out product through the 70s whether they are together now or not?
    For example, The Beatles broke up in 1970 but they still put out material regularly even though only two of them are still alive.  Perhaps you mean bands who started AND ended in the 70s?  You need to clarify.

3. carolina muscle profile image73
    carolina muscleposted 8 years ago

Steely Dan. I thought their work was original, beautifully put together, and fun to listen to. The musicianship, especially on Aja, was absolutely first class.

4. zzron profile image55
    zzronposted 8 years ago

ZZ TOP THAT LITTLE OL BAND FROM TEXAS ( HOUSTON )

5. Shinkicker profile image97
    Shinkickerposted 8 years ago

I would pick SLADE because they were amazing in that era. So many hits and so many great rock tunes

6. barongrafft profile image56
    barongrafftposted 8 years ago

Although their music started in the 60's and made it to the 80's, I would say Led Zeppelin was the most dominant Rock n Roll band of the 70's.

7. brimancandy profile image79
    brimancandyposted 8 years ago

I pretty much grew up listening to Donny and Marie in the 1970's. But, I also liked Barry Manilow, the Bee Gees, and Sonny and Cher. I also like the Monkeys. Keep in mind that I was only 15 in 1980.

It wasn't until the mid 80's that I started getting into Music. The Motels, Rick Springfield, and REO Speedwagon were my first favorites. Followed by a short lived liking in Madonna, the Culture Club, and Cindy Lauper.

It was in the mid 80's that I became a big headbanger. Poison, Def Leppard, Motley Crue, Kiss, Cinderella and Guns and Roses. And, a bit of Metallica, Aerosmith, and ZZ Top.

But, now I am back to the Divas. Madonna, Cher, Janet Jackson. Stuff like that. Not really into any of the older bands. I know some rolling Stones, and of the beatles. But not my faves.

8. meow48 profile image75
    meow48posted 7 years ago

RUSH.... canadian band, started in 1968.  Neil Peart  is the greatest drummer of all time, Gettie Lee the greatest bassist, Alex Lifeson, one of the greatest guitarists.  The concert i went to will live with me always.  Songs like Tom Sawyer, Limelight, Free will, spoke to a generation of the lost children of the hippie movement... Social consciousness was being gobbled up by the me generation, and RUSH stood back to remind us of other things, besides disco.

9. Fullerman5000 profile image61
    Fullerman5000posted 7 years ago

Rolling Stones, Rush, or Boston. Three great bands. Some great music came out of the 70's.

10. Nicky Page profile image74
    Nicky Pageposted 7 years ago

I completely agree with barongrafft. Led Zeppelin dominated the 70's.

working