jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Has fruitcake been produced since 1950 or have the sames ones been regifted over

1. Peter Leeper profile image81
    Peter Leeperposted 6 years ago

Has fruitcake been produced since 1950 or have the sames ones been regifted over and over again?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/5871018_f260.jpg

2. Xenonlit profile image60
    Xenonlitposted 6 years ago

This is funny. I do love the better fruitcake and have some every year.

But seriously, I think that fruitcake was used to entomb Jimmy Hoffa. He's in a field somewhere, wrapped up in fruitcake.

3. Peter Leeper profile image81
    Peter Leeperposted 6 years ago

i think the last one was produced around the same time the last batch of candy corn was made.

However I do like candy corn but wouldn't touch fruit cake...

4. Pintoman profile image59
    Pintomanposted 6 years ago

Yes it has been produced since 1950 because I eat all I can get my hands on. I can't believe people don't love the stuff. Fruit and cake. What's not to like?

5. catfish33 profile image82
    catfish33posted 6 years ago

Johnny Carson used to theorize that there was only one fruitcake in the whole world, and it got passed around from all over the globe.

I have a mug with Opus and Bill (Bloom County characters) on it, and Opus yells out, "IF FIG NEWTONS ARE FRUIT AND CAKE, THEN WHAT THE DICKENS IS FRUITCAKE???!!!"  Bill gasps instead of spitting up a hairball,...aw, Berke Breathed, why did you stop the Opus cartoon anyway?

But I digress,...my mother used to love fruitcake.  Made it every year with her eyedropper-size bottle of rum she used to get at the liquor store.

6. athena2011 profile image55
    athena2011posted 6 years ago

Peter that's a scary thought. Thank God I don't eat fruitcake.

working