jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

I have this Coca-cola tray of menu girl 1950 . It is signed by the model in 1953

1. profile image44
    lynnweldonposted 7 years ago

I have this Coca-cola tray of menu girl 1950 . It is signed by the model in 1953. Her name is...

Dee Purdue.  Any idea how much it might be worth?  I've never contacted anyone who has ever heard of a signed tray.

2. yvens profile image60
    yvensposted 7 years ago

I have never heard of it either.  Try an auction house, they should be able to help you or at least guide you in the right direction.

3. SteveoMc profile image74
    SteveoMcposted 7 years ago

My guess is that this item is unsigned valued at somewhere around $30 or $40, signed by relatively unknown model, add $20 or so dollars.

Go to  eBay and look the item up.   When you see similar items for sale and the going prices, you will have a sense of the value.

Coke memorabilia is quite common, and that makes the items less valuable.   Condition of the tray, rarity, how well known the model is are all factors contributing to the value.

Also, and this is important, provenance that can be proven with written documents, photos, etc. can contribute mightily to a collectible.  For example, if the tray belonged to Elvis and you can prove that, then the item is suddenly worth at least 10 times its original and maybe more.  Especially if the provenance is verified with a photo, or list of estate items, etc.  If the provenance can be included with the piece, the value will sky rocket.

4. profile image44
    nkovrigposted 7 years ago

The Menu Girl was my grandmother, who passed away two years ago; she went by the pseudonym "Pat Campbell," so I couldn't tell you who signed your tray. I can link you to an article about her, as well.