jump to last post 1-19 of 19 discussions (19 posts)

Which song is your song?

1. Daffy Duck profile image60
    Daffy Duckposted 6 years ago

Which song is your song?

2. Dawit T profile image76
    Dawit Tposted 6 years ago

I don't have a song, that really shows my personality. To be honest, I don't listen to lyrics. For my ears they are just another instrument getting out different pitches, but listening and understanding the lyrics just isn't necessary when all they are saying is "I got a hangover.....ohh.......ohhhh". A song needs to have very good lyrics before I'll try to listen, for example "Mad World" is a good example of a song that actually wants to bring out a message.

If I had to chose, it would be a lot of gospel songs since they a lit of times get right into my heart. But it isn't any specific.

3. ThroughGlass profile image58
    ThroughGlassposted 6 years ago

To many songs to choose just one.

There's many songs that mean things to me, or literally describe my life to a T, I can't choose just one.

4. stclairjack profile image83
    stclairjackposted 6 years ago

i understand completely the problem of having to pick JUST ONE,.... a song only fits you for that brief moment that it did,...

but i went with my gut,.... i'll lay out the first one that popped into my head,...

"bitch" by Meridith Brooks

p.s.  lyrics matter,... putting no importance to the lyrics is akin to valuing wether someone screams at you or whispers in your ear,.... but never noticing that they said "i love you",... or "i hate you"

5. profile image37
    LORD ENKIposted 6 years ago

I don't have one as I don't write songs.I'm too busy working on my Doctorial Thesis to have time to write songs.

6. Cresentmoon2007 profile image73
    Cresentmoon2007posted 6 years ago

The Old Ways by Loreena Mckinnet or however you spell her last name. I feel like I can connect to that song more than any other song that I've ever heard.

7. shazwellyn profile image54
    shazwellynposted 6 years ago

Well, as someone who is a nature child and, as the tune is tribal, it has to be naked by Talking Heads smile

8. FatFreddysCat profile image100
    FatFreddysCatposted 6 years ago

I have two: "Teenage Lobotomy" by the Ramones, and "Punk and Belligerent" by Warrior Soul.

9. jonsswagger1978 profile image59
    jonsswagger1978posted 6 years ago

I like 21 questions by 50 cent and stairway to heaven by Led Zeplin.

10. suziecat7 profile image90
    suziecat7posted 6 years ago

"She Works Hard For Her Money" by Donna Summer smile)

11. Senoritaa profile image69
    Senoritaaposted 6 years ago

"Goodbye" by Air Supply. Every time I listen to it I feel it was written for me.

12. athena2011 profile image58
    athena2011posted 6 years ago

"Big Girls Don't Cry" by Fergie...love it.

13. tiare808 profile image59
    tiare808posted 6 years ago

One of my faves songs   "higher than the clouds" by Anuhea

14. cgwswh profile image54
    cgwswhposted 6 years ago

American Pie. The 1st time I met my husband when I walked into the venue his band was singing this song, and strange coincidence the 2nd & 3rd time I saw him the same song was playing as I walked in.

15. CookwareBliss profile image75
    CookwareBlissposted 6 years ago

My favorite song is "Last Kiss" by Pearl Jam...its a beautiful song and I sing it to my 18 month old before bed. He always falls asleep to it.

16. smzclark profile image60
    smzclarkposted 6 years ago

i have a song for every mood. i think 'dreams' by gabrielle has got to be the ultimate!

17. ameypp7 profile image61
    ameypp7posted 6 years ago

The saltwater room by owl city....i love this song

18. Cara.R profile image76
    Cara.Rposted 6 years ago

Sia and her song Death by Chocolate. Just like ThroughGlass, there are so many to chose from. I picked the first one that entered my mind.

19. SherryDigital profile image60
    SherryDigitalposted 6 years ago

My boyfriend and I both agreed without ever talking about it before. Our song is Young Folks by Peter, Bjorn & John. It reminds us both of when we met.

working