jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What makes you smile to people?

1. Admiral_Joraxx profile image80
    Admiral_Joraxxposted 6 years ago

What makes you smile to people?

2. John Sarkis profile image83
    John Sarkisposted 6 years ago

I try to smile as much as I can, they say it prolongs getting wrinkles.

3. profile image0
    kate-olsonposted 6 years ago

Smiling shows friendliness. It's the first way of signaling that you are easily approachable. A smile says, "Hello! I'm glad to see you." An interesting exercise is to pay attention to service people, like waiters/waitresses, and see how much they smile, and whether or not you think they're doing a good job. The only difference between good service and excellent service is how much the person smiles.

4. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 6 years ago

When I have a good day and they are having a bad one. Or when I see something they accidentally did but didn't notice and am in a good mood. If they do something really funny, or someone around them. If they start getting upset that I'm laughing either the smile goes away or I laugh at them even more.
    If I don't want to smile or not in the mood, I don't. I'm very blunt and if someone cannot laugh at themself then they cannot enjoy the hard times.

5. Nancy Owens profile image96
    Nancy Owensposted 6 years ago

I agree with Kate-Olsen. I usually smile to communicate friendliness and openness to communication. Smiling can also communicate compassion and agreement.

6. xethonxq profile image65
    xethonxqposted 6 years ago

Two main things make me smile at people....my own mood and the facial expressions on the other person.