jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Who was funnier, Dan Conner or Tim the tool man Taylor?

1. rutley profile image76
    rutleyposted 6 years ago

Who was funnier, Dan Conner or Tim the tool man Taylor?

Roseanne's hubby or Home Improvment

2. Cara.R profile image75
    Cara.Rposted 6 years ago

Dan The Man Conner! smile  Way  funnier than Tim the tool Man Taylor.... John Goodman seemed more natural and realistic in his role in the T. V. show Roseanne.

3. KT Banks profile image60
    KT Banksposted 6 years ago

I love Tim the tool man. To me, Dan was more like a foil for Roseanne.

4. MickS profile image74
    MickSposted 6 years ago

Who?

5. wingedcentaur profile image84
    wingedcentaurposted 6 years ago

You know, it strikes me that the two of them together would make a great old fashioned comedy team like Laurel and Hardy. "Dan Conner"  would be the straight man, the Oliver Hardy character, and "Tim the Tool Man Taylor" would be the Stan Laurel type, the funny man. It seems to me that "Conner's" and "Taylor's" styles of comedy are different and complimentary. For me, Its hard to tell which man is funnier -- they are each funny in his own way.

6. Princess Prisca profile image59
    Princess Priscaposted 6 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/5998599_f260.jpg

(rutley,) Dan Conner was the funniest by far.  Not only was he funnier, but John Goodman is an "actor" of a much higher caliber than Tim Allen.

Dan & Roseanne Conner, were perfect in those roles.  It is a shame that "real life" issues between the actors had to ruin that show.  But, don't fret, they have a retro collection of every show aired on a dvd boxed set.   

Chow...Princess Prisca

7. Rachelle Williams profile image92
    Rachelle Williamsposted 6 years ago

As far as who was actually "funnier" goes, I would have to say that Tim Taylor was funnier because Tim Allen is a comedian and comedy is his thing. 

Dan Conner was more realistic than actually "funny" because John Goodman is not a comedian and his role was not geared towards being funny.  Just as KT said, Dan was a foil to Roseanne. 

However, John Goodman is by far the better actor..

working