jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Does the Media need the silent treatment?

1. romper20 profile image83
    romper20posted 6 years ago

Does the Media need the silent treatment?

I have been seeing an increase in desperation among our media. The stories, errors, and in some cases flat out lies are getting to me. Do you feel the Media needs to receive the silent treatment?

2. Jackie Lynnley profile image89
    Jackie Lynnleyposted 6 years ago

The Media are a disgrace today. They no longer want to bring us the truth if they knew what the truth was. Like the government they are bought off by what lines their pockets.

3. Rod Marsden profile image75
    Rod Marsdenposted 6 years ago

The lies need to be revealed for what they are. Part of the answer why errors happen all too frequently over the last decade is the lack of proper funding of newspapers (including the ones on line), television reports, etc. If you cannot afford to send good reporters to the action then you are stuck with what you get from sources not your own. Also on television stories generally have to be wrapped up in five minutes or you lose your modern audience. Some stories cannot be told with any kind of accuracy in a five minute block. In shortening them to fit you may very well distort the story. It certainly would be difficult to cover more than one point of view.

4. smzclark profile image61
    smzclarkposted 6 years ago

No, but we deserve the silent treatment from them!

5. terrektwo profile image86
    terrektwoposted 6 years ago

I think that they do however we'd have to realize that the media is just responding to what the people want. They wouldn't be printing the stories they do if they didn't see many copies of their paper, magazine or get high viewership when they do. When it's garbage the people watching are as much to blame as the media because they enable them to keep going with it.