jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

If SOPA and PIPA get passed, will you unpublish your hubs?

1. Stevennix2001 profile image90
    Stevennix2001posted 6 years ago

If SOPA and PIPA get passed, will you unpublish your hubs?

Now, I'm not asking you if whether or not you'd leave hubpages completely, but if you're like me, and you review a lot of movies, or anything to do with the entertainment industry, then are you going to unpublish your hubs IF SOPA and PIPA get passed? 

I know if it does passes, I have decided that I will effectively unpublish all my movie review hubs, along with any other ones that have anything to do with the entertainment industry.  However, that's just me.  Will you do the same?  Or will you merely just re-edit them.

2. innersmiff profile image73
    innersmiffposted 6 years ago

I'll keep them up because I don't believe what I do is harming any individual.

3. FatFreddysCat profile image99
    FatFreddysCatposted 6 years ago

I refuse to hit the panic button, I'm not touchin' anything.

I review a lot of weird/obscure/outdated movies in my Hubs and as far as I'm concerned, adding a picture of the film's poster or a YouTube link to its trailer in the Hub is not stepping on anyone's toes. If anything, it's free promotion for them.

I would hope that the people behind PIPA/SOPA are more concerned with blogs and articles that include info on how to illegally download materials than in random dudes like me who are simply reviewing them.

4. rlaha profile image68
    rlahaposted 6 years ago

I don't feel that I should have to leave HubPages just because of those laws.  I don't think that I have anything that is questionable here on HubPages. I most often write about life experiences, write short stories and poetry.  Good question though!

5. Nickalooch profile image92
    Nickaloochposted 6 years ago

It's tough because the language on the bill is pretty vague. I'd leave my reviews and such up until I get notice that I am doing something wrong. I think it is beyond stupid because what we do is in sense a form of promotion for movies or television shows and brings the makers of these forms of entertainment more viewers and more money.

6. Cammiebar profile image74
    Cammiebarposted 6 years ago

I would probably leave mine up.  At most, I would tweak them.  But I do try to site images, or link them to the site I got them, all the time.

7. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image97
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 6 years ago

I'd rather see how everything shakes out before making any moves. It's up to us to follow the law, so if they pass, and if anything I've written is a violation, I would make every effort to modify, edit, tweak or delete.  I feel the only way we ultimately succeed is through integrity - so even if I don't like the rules, I'll try to rise above it all and live with things.

8. skys profile image60
    skysposted 6 years ago

Not just this, if there came 1000 more SOPA PIPA's, they can't stop the people from speaking up or from sharing their views. Everyone has the basic right and liberty to speak up. No SOPA PIPA can't snatch this right and liberty.

working