jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Would you want to star in a reality television show about your personal or work

1. thebiologyofleah profile image91
    thebiologyofleahposted 6 years ago

Would you want to star in a reality television show about your personal or work life?

Cameras would follow you around 24-7 or at minimum while you are at work and all of your conversations and actions would be caught on film to potentially be shown on tv for the world to see.

2. amymarie_5 profile image86
    amymarie_5posted 6 years ago

Sure!  Only I don't think anyone would watch it.  My life is kinda boring!

3. sashas89 profile image67
    sashas89posted 6 years ago

Never! I respect myself and my privacy too much. Only the people from the bottom of the moral barrel would allow themselves to be filmed 24-7 (here's looking at you, Jersey Shore)

4. profile image0
    debW07posted 6 years ago

No, I'm a pretty private person and don't like the spotlight - it seems to shine most brightly on imperfections.  Plus, I don't think people want to see someone who spends most of the day typing away on a computer keyboard, not too exciting.

5. profile image55
    shorty72posted 6 years ago

I don't think I would because I hate watching the ones on tv now . I hate people watching me anyway.

6. Miss Mimi profile image60
    Miss Mimiposted 5 years ago

I was part of a test day for a reality show, and have a friend who worked for months as a coach for n MTV show. It's awful! Not just the constant filming, you actually get used to the cameras relatively quickly, but the manipulation. They call it "reality," but they coached me on what to wear and what to say. My friend on MTV said that they threatened to fire him if he didn't use offensive language with his students, because they knew it would create "good drama" for the show. I would never do it again. I know many entertainers who have gone on reality contests, and they have all had terrible experiences, on of them wrote this blog/essay about it, if you'd like o read more: http://whipchick.livejournal.com/2012/04/10/

Reality tv is not real, it's all the stress of needing to play a character, without the Hollywood pay check.