jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Can't we have any fun? Questions are closed when we get a kick out of the answer

1. rutley profile image75
    rutleyposted 6 years ago

Can't we have any fun? Questions are closed when we get a kick out of the answers!

I'm just adding a little humor to the millions of questions that are way to serious!  They're not inappropriate.....but yet they disappear!

2. peepingtomb profile image76
    peepingtombposted 6 years ago

I recently had a question removed by the moderators because it incited discussion as opposed to inspiring a hub or answers. It was suggested that I post in the forums if I wanted to start a discussion. That question was "Have you ever drunk straight from the bottle?" I was just curious as to how people would perceive such a vague question and how they would answer. I guess if you want to have any fun you have to do it in the forums. Please limit your questions to: "Is it really possible to make any money on HubPages?" and "How much did you make in your first month on HubPages?".

3. dmop profile image77
    dmopposted 6 years ago

I have had a few questions removed, I'm not sure why. I read that you are supposed to receive an email detailing why, but have not received anything yet. It has only been a few days maybe it takes a while.

4. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

Yes - one of the cool things about questions is bonding with fellow hubbers.  I think they are too stringent in their parameters.  We are certainly free to bypass any questions we don't want to answer.

I once asked what kind of car people would drive if they could have any car - the question was removed, labeled as "poling?"  What on earth is the harm?

5. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago

Ideally, questions are supposed to inspire people to write hubs. Silly questions don't usually do that.

6. ShyeAnne profile image91
    ShyeAnneposted 6 years ago

Hi Uninvited Writer !
    I respectfully disagree that silly questions do not inspire people to write.  I believe
    the less censored our questions are, the more diverse our  questions are allowed to be, the more  doors in our creative brains open.
    I was taught a long time ago that there are no silly questions. 
    The few times I have strayed away from hubpages out of laziness or lack of inspiration, it is often a 'silly' question (I get notifications sent to my email address when new ?'s are post ed) that has me signing in to be entertained and reconnect with hubpages, if for no other reason than to see what answers are posted.  Some of those silly questions have inspired some of my hubs!
    I have found there are many intelligent answers posted on questions that may at first glance appear to be silly.
    I do not visit the forums.  There are enough social media sites out there than I can follow already.  Perhaps hubpages will ammend their question policies to satisfy more of their writers. Or add a 'humor' catagory.
    Hi Rutley, I think humor rocks and inspires many a good hub.
    Make it a great day.

7. sflorsch profile image79
    sflorschposted 6 years ago

Well rutley, When I finally saw the question regarding the larger waistline or backside, I jumped at the chance to answer and was very disappointed to see that the question was no longer available. Some people may given silly answers, but I was hoping there would have been at least one answer that mentioned the health risks associated with a larger waistline compared to a larger backside. Fat around the stomach, which can interfere with vital organs is much more of a health risk than fat on the backside.   Your question could have inspired some very good health comments!

8. DougBerry profile image82
    DougBerryposted 6 years ago

My question, "How High is Up," was removed.  I actually was able to use one of the answers in a Hub.

Explain that, censors!