jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Why are some people so obsessed with celebrity gossip?

1. LisaKoski profile image94
    LisaKoskiposted 6 years ago

Why are some people so obsessed with celebrity gossip?

2. Pie-express profile image60
    Pie-expressposted 6 years ago

I think its the media shoving it down our throats, everywhere I go its like "did you here about that one guy from Twilight who walked down the street?" I guess some people just get hooked on that stuff because they don't have anything better to do.

3. MyGirlThursday profile image81
    MyGirlThursdayposted 6 years ago

Honestly, I like knowing that kind of stuff about people because it makes them seem human. So often, celebrities seem like a robot that has been invented for our entertainment, not like a real person with a life and family. They have a great power to make a difference because people pay attention to them; whether or not they use that power for good is another story. I have plenty of things I could be doing besides, but I like to be informed. Plus, I'm an actress and I like seeing that people in this business have found some bit of normalcy. I do not want to be famous though, especially considering how involved the media is in their personal lives. I don't really care about Kim Kardashian, but I still felt bad for her when her marriage failed. Divorce is sad, no matter who it is! I can imagine it is difficult to be on that side of the camera, let alone forming lasting relationships.

4. mattforte profile image91
    mattforteposted 6 years ago

Knowing all the personal details of the rich and famous makes them feel closer to the celebrities I guess. Or they're so obsessed with the celebrity lifestyle they wish they had - they can live vicariously through other people's lives.

Just another American culture failhard.

5. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

i think it's mainly because these people want to be celebrities but know they never will be so they love the gossip because it bring the celebrity more into their world. also it's because some people need to get a "real" life.

6. billybuc profile image89
    billybucposted 6 years ago

Since I am not I have no clue; it has always fascinated me how intense people get over the lives of celebrities, like they are something special. I have way too much to do living my life and enjoying each day to worry about what happened to Brad Pitt or God forbid Jessica Simpson!

working