What television shows - from any era - would make a good movie?

1. Hypersapien profile image35
    Hypersapienposted 6 years ago

What television shows - from any era - would make a good movie?

Hollywood has turned numerous television shows into films (e.g., Transformers, The A-team, etc.), but I'm sure there are plenty of other fantastic TV series out there that would make great movies.  What are they?

2. Nick B profile image81
    Nick Bposted 6 years ago

True Blood
    Walking Dead
    Criminal Minds

The thing is, they're never going to be able to make movies out of the above, because the stories are just too long. The nearest we're likely to see to movies are feature-length episodes. In addition, the A Team and Starsky and Hutch as well as Thunderbirds were all absolute nightmares, so I think that puts a lot of scriptwriters off.

Don't forget, we have all the characters in place and know them fairly intimately - figuratively speaking - so any movie that was made that didn't have those characters played by the actors we are already familiar with, would probably be slammed. The only one I've seen so far that has - to my mind - improved (though I'm likely to be marked down for this) was Star Trek.

3. KF Raizor profile image60
    KF Raizorposted 6 years ago

I honestly don't want to see any more TV shows turned into movies.  All of them have been woeful.  You know, it's funny because, in the 60s and 70s, the TV shows were based on movies (e.g., "The Odd Couple" [which was originally a play], "M*A*S*H") and even radio shows ("Perry Mason," "The Green Hornet," "The Lone Ranger").  There were many successful quality TV series that evolved that way.  Honestly, though, the only good movie that was based on a TV series that I can think of is "The Fugitive."