jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Stones or Zeppelin?

1. weestro profile image82
    weestroposted 6 years ago

Stones or Zeppelin?

2. SonQuioey10 profile image81
    SonQuioey10posted 6 years ago

The Stones, they get more points for having  a lot more hits and great music.

3. Sunshine625 profile image93
    Sunshine625posted 6 years ago

I'd have to go with the Stones due to more hits plus Mick Jagger still has swagger! Zep still rocks also!

4. TheHeavyReview profile image72
    TheHeavyReviewposted 6 years ago

Led Zeppelin, they're a more powerful act altogether.  They've played genres as diverse as heavy metal/hard rock and folk rock.   I guess the Stones did have more hits, but I don't judge a band like that.

5. kenneth avery profile image83
    kenneth averyposted 6 years ago

Zeppelin, of course. Jimmy Page, Robert Plant together formed "the" iconic rock band that still today remains as famous as when they were first discovered. And the long version of "Whole Lotta Love," who cannot say this song doesn't get to them?

6. T. R. Brown profile image76
    T. R. Brownposted 6 years ago

No question Zeppelin.  I was having a conversation the other day about the Beatles, Stones, Zeppelin and the Doors, and they made a great point.  He said "Anyone could have been the Stones."  What he meant, was that the Stones didn't have a serious influence on music in terms of moving it forward.  They rocked, no doubt, but they played straight rock and roll, no real innovation, just a great rock show. 

I think true greatness in music, or anything for that matter requires innovation, and that was not the Stones thing.

7. Mark Pitts profile image61
    Mark Pittsposted 6 years ago

Zeppelin. They had almost every band wanting to be them for the 20 years after they hit. Between them, Black Sabbath, and the Beatles, you have rock and roll's template.

8. SkySlave profile image83
    SkySlaveposted 5 years ago

Led Zeppelin all the way. I like the rolling stones, but to me, Zeppelin are somthing out of this world. I don't think any voice can be compared to Robert Plant's. Not to mention Jimmy Page's iconic guitar playing.  I don't think many bands can to Zeppelin.

working