Paul McCartney Fights Back Tears For Barack Obama

Jump to Last Post 1-21 of 21 discussions (92 posts)
  1. AnnCee profile image65
    AnnCeeposted 13 years ago

McCartney's tears for Obama

Sir Paul McCartney fought back tears as he and Stevie Wonder sang Ebony And Ivory for U.S. president, Barack Obama - because he was so proud to be performing for the country's first black leader.

The Beatles star was honoured at the White House earlier this month, accepting the Gershwin Prize for Popular Song from the Library of Congress.

At the presidential concert, McCartney teamed up with Wonder to sing their 1982 hit - the first time they have ever sung the racial harmony duet live - and McCartney admits he was moved to tears by significance of the moment.

He tells The Sun, "We had a big hit with it but I'd never performed it live with Stevie until that night - and in front of the first black President. When I wrote the song it was a much more troubled time for civil rights, so it took on a significance I'd never dreamed of. I was welling up. I think Obama's doing great. He's a smart guy."

And McCartney was delighted to meet Obama for the first time - because he's admired him from afar for so long.

He adds, "It was such an honour. I'd heard of the prize - it's the biggest for popular music in the U.S. When the President gave it to me, I was so touched. I'm a huge Obama supporter. I really love him.

"When it was the election I was praying he would win. I'd read Obama's books and had an opportunity to talk to him there, in the White House, where I'd never been before. It was amazing to be chatting away, just him and his family."

http://web.orange.co.uk/article/news/mc … _for_obama

1. Don W profile image84
      Don Wposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Did you know that Ann Cee reversed is Eecnna. Eecnna is the ancient Mesopotamian word literally meaning 'lack of light' or darkness.

In 1783 a ship was wrecked off the coast of Cornwall. When the debris washed ashore, a piece of timber was discovered with the word Eecnna scorched into the wood. A ring was later found with the same word engraved on it.

That ring was kept and stored as part of a historic collection of Cornish artefacts by the then duchy of Cornwall.

During WWII, the German Luftwaffe was forbidden by Hitler from bombing the Southwest of England (Cornwall). Documents were uncovered in 1982 that show that Hitler intended to invade England and search the area for something 'Großmacht' or of 'great power'.

The historic collection of Cornish artefacts now belongs to the present Duchy of Cornwall, also known as Prince Charles.

Prince Charles has said on record that we should go back to 'old fashioned' values before it's 'too late'. It's also been suggested off record that a previously unknown parchment was found with the timber and ring in the historic collection. The contents of that parchment has been the subject of much debate, and mystery . . until 2009.

A researcher for the British Museum uncovered the parchment which is written in Aramaic. It says:

"In latest [or last] days, there will be [unreadable] one. The sky [unreadable] befall them. Light [or lightness] will be covered. A herald will speak of end days and will appear [or be] Eecnna. The words will be freed [or released] on the foums at hubpages.com, where people will read them and wish they hadn't just wasted 5 minutes of their life reading a load of old bullshit".

Spooky huh.

1. ilmdamaily profile image69
        ilmdamailyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Don - you are my hero.

Priceless. :-)

2. rebekahELLE profile image86
        rebekahELLEposted 13 years agoin reply to this

this is funnier than the original post!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qwiba6_L … re=related

1. profile image0
          PrettyPantherposted 13 years agoin reply to this

and THAT's sayin' somethin'

2. Ron Montgomery profile image61
          Ron Montgomeryposted 13 years agoin reply to this

OMG!  Wait 'til Mahrud Adnerb hears that.  She'll swear Obama's a roadie for Led Zepplin.

1. rebekahELLE profile image86
            rebekahELLEposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol 
            stairway to heaven, who doesn't love this song?  oh wait, I know who doesn't!!

3. AnnCee profile image65
        AnnCeeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That is spooky, Don.

1. Don W profile image84
          Don Wposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It is! Such a fine line between prophetic and pathetic, wouldn't you agree?

2. AnnCee profile image65

But then Paul McCartney thinks the world of Aleister Crowley too.roll

Crowley was the Master Satanist of the 20th Century

The hierarchy of the Secret-Societies have been deeply involved in the Black-Occult since they have existed. This includes the ritual sacrifice of children and babies.  This knowledge has been kept from the minds of society at large until more recently.  It is now only a matter of time when the masses of the people become fully aware of the real agenda behind the secret societies and the true purpose of why they exist.

Aleister Crowley — Initiated to the highest levels of Freemasonry and high priest of the Golden Dawn, said: "A white male child of perfect innocence and intelligence makes the most suitable victim."

In the US each year 400,000 children are reported missing.
    In the UK,98,000 children are reported missing.

Crowley's Large Influence Upon Rock Music (and it's fans)

Lest you think that Aleister Crowley (born Edward Alexander Crowley, 1875-1947) was just some crazy fool that no one took seriously, think again.  Crowley has had a large influence upon modern rock music.  Unbeknownst to most Americans, much of the Hellish music which they idolize was written and sang by devout followers of Crowley and his Satanism.

Guitarist Jimmy Page of Zeppelin is a devout follower of Satanist, Aleister Crowley, who proclaimed himself as "The Beast 666".  Aleister Crowley was also a 33rd and 97th Degree Freemason and is recognized as the master Satanist of the 20th century.  In 1971, guitarist Jimmy Page bought Crowley’s Boleskine House on the shore of Loch Ness where Crowley practiced his hellish, satanic sex-magick rituals, including human sacrifices. Guitarist Jimmy Page actually performed Crowley magical rituals during their concerts. Their song "Stairway to Heaven" carries the reference "May Queen," which is purportedly the name of a hideous poem written by Crowley.  Page had inscribed in the vinyl of their album Led Zeppelin III, Crowley's famous "Do what thou wilt.  So mete it Be.’  Page and Robert Plant claim some of Zeppelins' songs came via occultic "automatic handwriting," including their popular "Stairway to Heaven."
    The cover of the Sergeant Pepper's album by the Beatles showed a background of, according to Ringo Starr, people "we like and admire" (Hit Parade, Oct. 1976, p.14).  Paul McCartney said of Sgt. Pepper's cover, ". . . we were going to have photos on the wall of all our HEROES . . ." (Musician, Special Collectors Edition, - Beatles and Rolling Stones, 1988, p.12).  One of the Beatle's heroes included on the cover of Sgt. Pepper's was — the infamous Satanist, Aleister Crowley!  Most people, especially in 1967, did not even know who Crowley was — but the Beatles certainly did.

3. lightning john profile image60
    lightning johnposted 13 years ago

You seem to know a lot about ol Crowley there.  Where do you get that info?  I understand that lewellen publishing is his own son, have you heard that?

4. profile image0
    Brenda Durhamposted 13 years ago

Thanks for the info AnnCee.
    Not much difference between the two men, huh?

5. lovemychris profile image74
    lovemychrisposted 13 years ago

I've not heard of McCartney or Obama attending Bohemian Grove....

Bush on the other hand has, as has Cheney as had Bush daddy and Reagan> You want to go there, do you?

Heck, lmc, Aleister Crowley is probably Dubya's grandfather.

6. AnnCee profile image65

But why are flies attracted to Barack Obama???

WHAT IS IT WITH OBAMA AND FLYING INSECTS?

During the 2008 campaign, an LA Times reporter assigned to follow Obama described the following creepy scene on a campaign stop one hot summer afternoon in Iowa:

“Obama was flipping burgers at a backyard barbecue, in what the campaign hoped would be an exquisite photo opportunity. A fly began circling his head. Then more flies. Pretty soon flies were swarming him, the burgers — everything. It was awful to watch. But in rhythmic fashion he began waving them off with his hand.”

Then on June 16, 2009, while Obama was being interviewed in the White House, a fly kept buzzing around his head. Without a moment’s hesitation, Obama killed the fly with his hand.

Did you know that ”Lord of the Flies” is the literal meaning of the Greek word (βεελζεβούβ) for Beelzebub?

I'm just sayin . . . .

1. ilmdamaily profile image69
      ilmdamailyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Obama swats a fly while cooking raw meat on a barbecue...

...and is thus Satan?

Holy ****.

Are you actually saying this out loud?

Amazing.

By that logic, Australia is "throne of Satan" - more flies than you can imagine...

2. Sufidreamer profile image78
      Sufidreamerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Beelzebub is not a Greek word wink

Our septic tank has lots of flies around it at this time of year - therefore, Ozzy Osbourne must be living in there or something.

Time to go and burn some evil, satanic rock albums - Tipper Gore will be proud big_smile

1. earnestshub profile image82
        earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Flys? You reckon you got flies there Sufi? In outback Australia, the smaller flies beat you up then hand you over to the big ones who just stomp on ya till ya squashed flat as the Nullabor!

7. ilmdamaily profile image69
    ilmdamailyposted 13 years ago

Yeah, this is great.

Paul McCartney sings for Obama and is now a Satanist.

Really

sterling

sentiment.

What's wrong with appreciating the sentiment of the moment? Like or loathe Obama's policies, he does represent a high water mark for the civil rights movement - in and out of the US.

What's the actual motivation in posting a story about Obama and civil rights and seeking to deligitimise the sentiment by linking McCartney with Crowley?

?

Note: Any logical basis for this view should be disregarded completely. As a fan of Led Zeppelin, i'm undeniably marked by a link to Crowley - and thus a Satanist.

I'm obviously  verrrrry bored . . . . 

Maybe I should go stack some rocks for a while. smile

8. Paraglider profile image89
    Paragliderposted 13 years ago

Isn't it great that people can say things so extreme and objectionable that they themselves are ashamed of what they've just said, but then they can slide sideways out of their self-made cesspool by appending the magical phrase "I'm just sayin . . . ."

1. profile image0
      cosetteposted 13 years agoin reply to this

not to mention the ever-popular all-purpose handy-dandy smiley face.

ughh...

2. Joy56 profile image68
      Joy56posted 13 years agoin reply to this

i just read the report, from the link, about Paul McCartney nearly in tears.  Someone has put a comment that he is blind,   Obama is not black at all he is half white.  Any comments from a true black person, do you find it offensive......  this is a very interesting thread, what?

1. getitrite profile image71
        getitriteposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I don't think I'm a true black person, but the One Drop Rule is the standard I was told applies to all people put in the Negro category.  Of course this rule was established by Europeans.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One-drop_rule

9. profile image0
    Tilecleaninghubposted 13 years ago

Paul was not crying.  His eyes were all wattery from just smoking a joint.

10. AnnCee profile image65

Most people recognize the Satanic hand sign which John Lennon is making at the bottom right; but, few people realize that the "ok" sign which Paul McCartney is making at the bottom left is also very Satanic.  The "ok" sign is actually three 6's, each of the three vertical fingers forming an individual 6.  666!
    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_29k8mzEqTBQ/SBu26_RyVfI/AAAAAAAABBg/jFFSVVFWNJ8/s320/Lennon_Satan.jpg

Crowley has had a great influence on rock & roll. The International Times voted Crowley “the unsung hero of the hippies.” One man who helped popularized Crowley’s work among rockers is avant-garde film artist Kenneth Anger. He claimed that his films were inspired by Crowley’s philosophy and called them “visual incantations” and “moving spells.” Anger considered Crowley a unique genius. Mick Jagger of the Rolling Stones and Jimmy Page of Led Zeppelin both scored soundtracks for Anger’s films about Crowley. See “Led Zeppelin” for more about Page’s enthusiasm for Crowley.

Crowley’s photo appeared on the Beatles’ Sgt. Pepper album cover. The Beatles testified that the characters who appeared on the album were their “heroes.” John Lennon explained to Playboy magazine that “the whole Beatle idea was to do what you want … do what thou wilst, as long as it doesn’t hurt somebody” (Lennon, cited by David Sheff, The Playboy Interviews with John Lennon and Yoko Ono, p. 61). This was precisely what Crowley taught.

Ozzy Osbourne called Crowley “a phenomenon of his time” (Circus, Aug. 26, 1980, p. 26). Ozzy even had a song called “Mr. Crowley.” “You fooled all the people with magic/ You waited on Satan's call / … Mr. Crowley, won't you ride my white horse…”

On the back cover of the Doors 13 album, Jim Morrison and the other members of the Doors are shown posing with a bust of Aleister Crowley.

David Bowie referred to Crowley in his song “Quicksand” from the album The Man Who Sold the World.

Graham Bond thought he was Crowley’s illegitimate son and recorded albums of satanic rituals with his band Holy Magick.

Iron Maiden lead singer Bruce Dickinson said: “… we’ve referred to things like the tarot and ideas of people like Aleister Crowley” (Circus, Aug. 31, 1984). Their song “The Number of the Beast” said, “666, the number of the beast/ 666, the one for you and me.” Crowley was called the Beast.

Daryl Hall of the rock duo Hall and Oates admits that he follows Crowley. “I became fascinated with Aleister Crowley, the nineteenth-century British magician who shared those beliefs. … I was fascinated by him because his personality was the late-nineteenth-century equivalent of mine—a person brought up in a conventionally religious family who did everything he could to outrage the people around him as well as himself” (Rock Lives: Profiles and Interviews, p. 584). Hall owns a signed and numbered copy of Crowley’s The Book of Thoth (about an Egyptian god).

Sting, formerly of the Police, has spent many hours studying Crowley’s writings.

Stiv Bators, lead singer for The Dead Boys and Lords of the New Church, had a song titled “Do What Thou Wilt/ This Is the Law,” after the philosophy of Satanist Aleister Crowley. In another song Bators sang: “I heard the Devil curse/ I recognized my name.”

LSD guru Timothy Leary was a Crowley enthusiast. He said: “I’ve been an admirer of Aleister Crowley. I think that I’m carrying on much of the work that he started over a hundred years ago … He was in favor of finding yourself, and ‘Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law’ under love. It was a very powerful statement. I’m sorry he isn’t around now to appreciate the glories he started” (Late Night America, Public Broadcasting Network, cited by Hells Bells, Reel to Real Ministries).

11. profile image0
    Tilecleaninghubposted 13 years ago

OK that is it. 

I breaking out my LP player and putting on LED Zeppelin Stairway to Heaven and playing it backwards.

NYES WE CAN

Nacyousayen   cool

12. profile image0
    PrettyPantherposted 13 years ago

We are doomed!  roll

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Wolves/181105sign1.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_6Y-NXZmDcxU/SRvzfutG3WI/AAAAAAAABbk/2yteF5GpHIk/s400/bush+barbara_sign.jpg

http://georgewbush-whitehouse.archives.gov/news/releases/2006/02/images/20060214_p021406pm-0169-515h.jpg

http://members.toast.net/rjspina/Occult%20Signs%20and%20Symbols_files/Ari%252520Fleischer.jpg

Oh, wait, those guys are no longer in charge.

Nah, PP, except for Aleister Crowley's daughter, Barbara Bush, they are all making the Dallas Cowboys sign.   It's a steer. 

Barbara Pierce Bush got it right though.   Her mother Margaret Pierce spent time in Europe with Aleister Crowley and friends.   

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_lyZvyGFRi0k/SlDgZaGVM5I/AAAAAAAACf8/7YWUwSjmdio/s320/aleister+crowley+e+barbara+bush.jpg

2. KFlippin profile image60
      KFlippinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Now, that was really a good collection of photographs, enjoyed them.

1. profile image0

Glad you enjoyed them, Flip!

"It's never safe to be nostalgic about something until you're absolutely certain there's no chance of its coming back." 
        --Bill Vaughn

13. gamergirl profile image88
    gamergirlposted 13 years ago

So in that last posted picture where a comment is made about the hand sign John Lennon had up.. did it pass notice that his thumb was sticking out?  Looked a lot like the ASL for I LOVE YOU.

Sheez.. people will dive at anything to scandalize anything or anyone.

14. Sufidreamer profile image78
    Sufidreamerposted 13 years ago

I heard about the Aussie flies - they do sound vicious. hmm

Mind you, you only have yourselves to blame - if you allow that Satanistic, Crowley-loving AC/DC band to wander around the country attracting Obama's flies, what do you expect?

Exile AC/DC and the fly-infestation problem will be solved smile

1. profile image0

You think so?  Maybe that would solve the presidential fly problem.

http://fruitfly.files.wordpress.com/2007/11/bush-fly.jpg

15. leeberttea profile image56
    leebertteaposted 13 years ago

Paul McCartney is a fool. His music has become irrelevant as is he. Certainly his opinions are uninformed.

1. Ron Montgomery profile image61

Thank you for the irrelevant,uninformed, foolish comment.

1. leeberttea profile image56
        leebertteaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Your welcome! Thank you for yours as well.

2. Randy Godwin profile image60
      Randy Godwinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

And your background and experience in the music industry consists of what?  It must be fairly extensive for you to make such a bold statement about one of the industry's most famous members. 

Tell us all about your qualifications to do so!

Aettrebeel is right.

Paul McCartney has no right to interfere with our God-given right to hate Obama.

2. leeberttea profile image56

Well I've listened to music all my life so I know what I like and therefore am well qualified to comment on my feelings regarding a washed up loser like McCartney.

1. Randy Godwin profile image60

This is exactly what I thought!  No personal experience in actually creating music and calling one of the most successful musicians in history a loser.  Yep, sounds about "right."

What does his past success have to do with his recent accomplishments or lack thereof or his political expertise or his personal opinions or his phony staged emotional outbursts?

And how does my lack of professional experience creating music preclude me from having an opinion?

1. Paraglider profile image89
              Paragliderposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Apparently it doesn't, more's the pity.

1. Sab Oh profile image56
                Sab Ohposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Why? Because his opinion doesn't match yours?

no

A shame you can't tolerate those you don't agree with.

unimpressed.

Torpent

2. Randy Godwin profile image60

How do you know his actions were staged?  You just don't like his viewpoint, which is your right, but criticizing his musical ability when you have none is laughable.  I'm sure Paul would be devastated you don't like his music!  LOL!  What great things have you done to make you think you are a good judge of him?

1. Misha profile image62
                Mishaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

LOL Randy, can you judge if a car is good or bad without being a car designer? lol

Lee is generalizing of course putting down his personal opinion as an absolute truth, but this does not mean your position makes any sense, sorry...

Yes you can, Misha, if you also drive the car and work on it too!  You don't think the designer would have a better grasp on the inner workings of the car than someone who merely drives one?

I spent many years in the music business and do know the difference in the skill required in producing music versus merely pressing a button to listen to it! But you may be proficient in producing music, I don't know.

1. Misha profile image62

On inner workings? Resounding yes. On consumer value? Resounding no. And Lee is talking about consumer value. smile

2. Sab Oh profile image56

"criticizing his musical ability when you have none is laughable. "

That makes no sense. If a player on your favorite pro sports team is playing horribly, you can't criticize him unless you are a pro athlete in that sport? You can't criticize a Congressman unless you are serving in Congress? Nonsense.

Sure you can criticize anyone you like!  But it doesn't mean you know what you are speaking of when you do it!  This case is a prime example of such criticism!

Again, nonsense. You don't have to be a pro ball player to know when a pitcher sucks, or a Congressman to know when a representative is not voting according to the wishes of a district, or a music producer to know what music you do or do not prefer.

3. leeberttea profile image56

Oh please! Paul McCartney has never been as good without the genius of John Lennon to support him. It's obvious now that he is trying to make himself relevant by doing shows with the likes of Justine Bieber, meeting with Obama, etc, all just ways to promote his brand, marketing pure and simple. Sure he's a professional, he knows the business, he's got money past success, and credibility, that doesn't mean he isn't a phony or that he produces good music. He's got a fan base sure but let's face it his music is bland and out of date as is he. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

3. Misha profile image62

Oh, so this was an endorsement of his right to have an opinion? wink

As for the Russia and caviar - I think it's still the same - my expertise on Russia's inner matters has nothing to do with you liking or disliking caviar that Russia produces, and you voicing your opinion on it smile

Let me see if I understand you correctly.  You think the opinion a person from Florida who doesn't like caviar has just as informed opinion of Russia than you?  I find that hard to believe, but if you say so I will accept it because you should know.

But about music or the ability to create it?  I doubt either of you understand much about its production.  So we disagree, who cares!

"Let me see if I understand you correctly.  You think the opinion a person from Florida who doesn't like caviar has just as informed opinion of Russia than you?"

It means he has an opinion about caviar, and he doesn't need to be a professional food taster to have one.

Unfortunately that was not the question asked!  Not that answering questions is your strong point anyway!

2. Misha profile image62

LOL Randy, I am starting to think I have to re-take an ESL beginner course, cause I obviously fail to get the message across. Giving it one more try, before giving up.

May be rephrasing what you just said into what I meant could help. So,

I am saying that opinion of a person from Florida who does not like caviar and opinion of a person from Russia who likes caviar and knows how to produce it are both valid, as long as those opinions are about whether they like caviar or not. Their opinions about how to make caviar are not as equally valid.

This was my last try, cheers smile

The trouble is not with your English but his.

16. AnnCee profile image65

OMG!!!!!

Barack Obama is clearly using techniques of nuerolinguistic messaging. 

CONVERSATIONAL HYPNOSIS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4iDwV7hCmw

http://www.ladyoflorien.me.uk/Page95/WideEyed.jpg

17. Pandoras Box profile image60
    Pandoras Boxposted 13 years ago

I have just realized that I can go into pretty much any thread here and post the simple comment "It's amazing how truly stupid people can be" and have it be completely appropriate to whatever topic is at hand.

Sounds like a real time saver smile

Do you really want to open that can of worms?

http://middlezonemusings.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/can-o-worms.jpg

18. Joy56 profile image68
    Joy56posted 13 years ago

what is the matter with everyone, no one likes Michael Jackson, Paul Mc Cartney is out of favour.......  These forums are getting a bit grumpy i must say.,

19. AnnCee profile image65

I think Paul McCartney is brilliant.  Don't care for Heather Mills.

All that music from the mid '60's seemed to be a real departure from anything that had come before.  It had real transportative power and seemed to open doors to other dimensions.

Did anyone else experience it that way?

Because the affect of the strangeness of 1960's has definitely, in my opinion, turned out to be destructive to the social and political fabric of the United States I am willing to entertain the idea that it's origin was evil.

We now have in power people who were swept up in the anti-American movements of that time.

Mostly I'm just pressing buttons on this forum, mostly for fun, just to shake things up, but in truth I think we are in dangerous times and we need to be aware.

1. Joy56 profile image68

I too believe Satan is everywhere, and he will just use anything he can, to try to attract people to him..  Many are just tools in his hand, but they don't know it...........  Yes we are living in dangerous times,  hoope it improves, anyone think it will...................

2. profile image0
      EmpressFelicityposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Neither does he, any more. 

Evil?  Blimey, that's putting it a bit strongly.

Although I will say one thing - whenever I hear John Lennon's "Imagine", it irritates me beyond belief.  "Imagine no possessions"... yeah, right!  As if any of the Sixties pop stars still alive today and enjoying their royalties would be prepared to give those up. 

It's always struck me how often the people who are rebels and rabble-rousers in their youth seem to turn into establishment stalwarts when they reach middle and old age.  Perhaps in their case the rebellion was only ever on the surface - a sort of token rebellion if you like, encompassing things like drugs, partying and weird clothes but not any deep intellectual enquiry.

20. Mighty Mom profile image78
    Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

Ann Cee Said: "We now have in power people who were swept up in the anti-American movements of that time."

Not sure who you mean. I was in elementary school in the '60s and I'm older than the president.
    The most anti-American person of power I know is Dick Cheney. He was/is a movement unto himself! M

1. profile image0
      EmpressFelicityposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Speaking of neocons (of whom Cheney is of course one), several of the leading lights in that particular movement actually started out as Trotskyites... kind of bears out what I was saying in my earlier post.

2. AnnCee profile image65

Barack Obama was raised by communist grandparents and mother.  Didn't you hear him call WWII The Great Patriotic War a term coined by Stalin after he and Hitler had a falling out.

He thinks there are 57  United States and he calls WWII the Great Patriotic War.  Sheesh.

How did we end up in bizarro world?

Maybe you stopped thinking when you thought you had all the answers? Then maybe the world moved on without first asking you? It's possible, no?

Si.

21. profile image59
    logic,commonsenseposted 13 years ago

McCartney is a great artist, but when it comes to real life, he is a moron.

1. Joy56 profile image68

ha ha, always was actually......

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)