jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Who was your favorite Beatle?

1. Denise Handlon profile image90
    Denise Handlonposted 6 years ago

Who was your favorite Beatle?

It's nostalgia time: if you were influenced by the music of the Beatles, did you have a favorite and why?

2. epigramman profile image68
    epigrammanposted 6 years ago

Hello Denise - so nice to see you here and I sincerely hope that you are well - my favorite Beatle was the 6th Beatle - Isis Dylan - she runs a fabulous group on Facebook called Just the Beatles !!!!!  lake erie time ontario canada 8:18pm

3. KF Raizor profile image61
    KF Raizorposted 6 years ago

I was too young and too disinterested when the Beatles were together (I grew up on country music and was far more interested in Buck Owens than the Beatles at the time).  Since I discovered them in my teenage years, however, my favorite Beatle was, and remains, McCartney.

To me, McCartney's music encompasses something for everyone.  I will be the first to admit had has recorded some bad songs (e.g., "Let 'Em In," the entire "Wings Wild Life" album); however, his good has outweighed his bad, and that has been for fifty years.  He did my favorite Beatles songs:  "For No One," "Yesterday," "Blackbird," "Golden Slumbers," and "I Will."  "Band on the Run" was one of the best albums of the 1970s.  Add to all that the fact that he truly was a model husband for 29 years.  The only time he and Linda were ever separated was the week he spent in jail in Japan for the "pot smuggling" charge.

4. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

Like most, I was totally infatuated with Paul McCartney I suppose because he seemed to be the best looking to me.  I used to love to read the teen magazines with little tidbits about their personal lives. 

Went to a Beatles concert when I was 14 at Dodger Stadium.  You could barely see them from where I sat - they were very tiny but I was still thrilled.

5. MickS profile image71
    MickSposted 6 years ago

John, excellent singer, sense of humour, didn't suffer fools.

6. enjoymentofsound profile image60
    enjoymentofsoundposted 6 years ago

John Lennon. Because he was a genius who created beautiful songs and lyrics.

7. teamrn profile image66
    teamrnposted 6 years ago

I loved the way that Paul McCartney bobbed his head but I think John Lennon wrote much more inspirational and beautiful lyrics.

8. Dorsi profile image90
    Dorsiposted 6 years ago

Originally Ringo was my favorite (because of his cute boyish looks - really appealed to me as teenager) , then my crush moved onto Paul (same reason). When I got older though and my musical tastes matured, I enjoyed John and Georges music the best. Especially Bangladesh. What a great collaboration that was with George and other musical greats.

9. Tim Quam profile image60
    Tim Quamposted 4 years ago

All of the Beatles had a great outlook, where they didn't take on the us vs. them attitude that so many rock bands seem to express.  I like Paul for his songwriting on tracks like For No One, Hey Jude, and I Will, among so many others.

working