jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Do you listen to music from other countries or in different languages? How do yo

1. LailaK profile image77
    LailaKposted 5 years ago

Do you listen to music from other countries or in different languages? How do you feel about it?

2. TheHeavyReview profile image72
    TheHeavyReviewposted 5 years ago

I listen to music from other countries all the time.  Some of these artists sing in a different language, and some sing in English.  I think it's neat how I gravitate towards certain countries, but other than that I don't really have a feeling about it (for example I really like some German, Norwegian, and Finnish bands).  Great music is great music, no matter where it's from.  On another note, I do think it's easier to listen to music in one's own language.  However, there are several songs I could recite the lyrics to that are not in English.

3. hildred profile image79
    hildredposted 5 years ago

Of course. In fact probably over half the music I listen to isn't in English. I mostly listen to Asian music, but I also love Middle Eastern and Spanish-language music (and I really dig Russian dance pop!) Language has never been an issue to me. Songs you can't understand are actually better sometimes, because it allows you to come up with your own meaning based on the performance and overall sound of the song. sometimes I've been disappointed reading translations because they weren't as good as the ones I had felt tongue

4. enjoymentofsound profile image59
    enjoymentofsoundposted 5 years ago

Yes. In fact, I love foreign music (especially Japanese music) much much more than our local Filipino music. Japanese music, especially J-rock, makes me feel relaxed. I began liking Japanese music since I was a child, and I grew from listening to anime songs to rock bands. Because I self-studied Japanese, I started understanding the lyrics. It feels really nice knowing a language and appreciating a culture other than your own.

working