jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Do you read movie reviews before watching a movie?

1. ajleong profile image60
    ajleongposted 10 months ago

Do you read movie reviews before watching a movie?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13559323_f260.jpg

2. lisavollrath profile image97
    lisavollrathposted 10 months ago

Sometimes, although I don't think they influence me enough to prevent me from watching a film in which I'm interested.

ajleongposted 10 months agoin reply to this

How much is to watch a movie in your city?  Is it expensive?  Bcoz in Malaysia, it is pretty expensive to us, therefore we have to make sure it's good one before we watch it! haha!

3. Johnny James A profile image75
    Johnny James Aposted 10 months ago

I do not watch a ton of television, therefore I miss a lot of the advertisements for movies.  As such, I do read movie reviews to see what types (comedy, drama, etc) movies are playing.  However, I usually do not put too much stock in the critique of whether the movie was enjoyable to watch or not, as everyone has different likes and dislikes.  however, it is helpful to know if a movie is a comedy (which I prefer); not in 3D (as I sometimes get nauseous watching 3d films)

ajleongposted 10 months agoin reply to this

Strongly agreed with what your comment above!  Me too, I hate 3D, it makes me headache!  and I don really enjoy the 3D stuff! Hahaha!

How much is to watch a movie in your city?

2. Johnny James A profile image75
      Johnny James Aposted 10 months agoin reply to this

In Boston, if you go late at night it can be really expensive $11.50 for adult tickets; then they have those VIP sections where you can order food and have it delivered for $15.00 (plus the cost of food).    I feel bad for families trying to go out.

working