jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What's your favorite movie of all time and why?

1. crazyhorsesghost profile image77
    crazyhorsesghostposted 5 years ago

I'm really torn between two choices.

1. Gone With The Wind
    2. The Wizard Of Oz

Gone With The Wind was the first movie I ever went to the theater and watched. It had to be one of the best movies ever made.

Dorthy in the Wizard of Oz was just off the chain. Follow the Yellow Brick Road and the Scarecrow and The Tin Man were my favorites. But I also liked the Cowardly Lion. And there's no place like home.

Both movies are really great but which one is the best. Its really hard for me to decide.

2. Alta5656 profile image73
    Alta5656posted 5 years ago

1) The House of Spirits starring Jeremy Irons, Meryll Streep, Glen Close, Antonio Banderas, Winona Ryder.

2.) Guarding Tess - NIcholas Cage, Shirly MacLaine

3.) Jesus Christ Superstar - a rock opera by Andrew Lloyd Webber

4.) The Man Who Would Be King-  Sean Connery, MIchael Caine

5.) Rocket Gibraltar - Burt Lancaster, Macaulay Culkin

3. JohnM profile image61
    JohnMposted 5 years ago

I would have to go with Gone With The Wind. Directors and movie makers should study that movie and make notes. What passes as great movies today is far from Gone With The Wind.

4. jamila sahar profile image72
    jamila saharposted 5 years ago

hmmm- I love the movie 'Sabrina' the original with Audrey Hepburn and the remake with Harrison Ford.
    I love how this timid girl went abroad and learned about life and developed into this beautiful charming sophisticated young lady.  So charming and intelligent to find happiness, find herself and bedazzle a billionaire !
    One reason is because I love traveling and the education of learning about other places, other cultures and languages on the planet. 
    I just love this movie, it makes my cry every time, no matter how many times I watch it.