jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How do you teach yourself to play the guitar?

1. Crissylite profile image76
    Crissyliteposted 6 years ago

How do you teach yourself to play the guitar?

2. wiserworld profile image92
    wiserworldposted 6 years ago

Try going on YouTube and there are a lot of helpful videos on there. Start with basic chords first and work up from there.

3. Ms Dee profile image87
    Ms Deeposted 6 years ago

I learned when a teenager and was part of a singing group for church. I'd take my guitar to the weekly practice, try to keep up with the other guitars and observe how they played. I'd practice in between times. We would sing and place each week for church.

4. Lorne Hemmerling profile image92
    Lorne Hemmerlingposted 6 years ago

Take a look at my guitar lessons on here. There is some beginner lessons. Keep checking back, I will be adding more. The open chords are a great place to start.
    http://lornehemmerling.hubpages.com/

5. charliegrumples profile image41
    charliegrumplesposted 6 years ago

Having had a few attempts in the past and given up when I couldn't get to grips with certain chords, I've recently had returned and borrowed an acoustic and electric guitar and I'm having fun with them .. that would be my comment .. enjoy it .. my own approach now is once you've mastered a few chord changes, write your own songs .. that way you don't get frustrated .. you can simply replace a chord you struggle with with another ... mind you, of course you should persevere with difficult chords or you won't progress, just don't let them defeat you.

working