jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (12 posts)

How to play acoustic guitar

1. HubPages profile image
    HubPagesposted 8 years ago

How to play acoustic guitar

2. enjoy life profile image77
    enjoy lifeposted 8 years ago

Learning to play guitar is easier than you think. Really the hardest part is the initial step to pick up a guitar and be motivated to learn the basics.  I have played guitar for many years, and have had people ask me to show them how to play. I have... read more

3. enjoy life profile image77

In the previous article, we discussed some important principles that you, the new guitarist, needs to keep in mind as you step out to learn the guitar. In this article we will build upon those principles and begin to explore your first steps in... read more

4. santosardee profile image53
    santosardeeposted 8 years ago

Most of us loves music and so the instruments. Every person has its own preference on what instrument he would like to learn to play, but I suggest, you must first learn to play the guitar. Learning to play the guitar takes a lot of effort and... read more

5. enjoy life profile image77

How to play Minor and Seventh Chords on the Guitar, including finger positioning, diagrams and explanation of music theory read more

6. enjoy life profile image77

This article is part of a series we are doing on how to play acoustic guitar. Here are the links to the previous articles:
    The Basics of Learning guitar
    Basic Chords Part 1
    Basic Chords Part 2
        As part of learning to play the guitar, you... read more

7. Portamenteff profile image81
    Portamenteffposted 8 years ago

The Old Master, godfather of the modern guitar, Andres Segevia  The classical guitar is the easiest instrument to learn, the most difficult to master. The first thing to remember is that you can play beautiful notes and chords the fist day, and then... read more

8. mglamorgan profile image71
    mglamorganposted 8 years ago

This article explain the very beginning of How to Play Guitar. This is intended for people that wants to give the first step into playing the guitar. read more

9. avangend profile image59
    avangendposted 8 years ago
  10. shancontented profile image92
    shancontentedposted 7 years ago

So you’ve looked at a guitar and thought, I can play that. Then you went and you got one (or borrowed one) and suddenly realized that you don’t have any idea what to do now. You can see that other guy just strumming away and making beautiful... read more

11. Jon Green profile image90
    Jon Greenposted 7 years ago

Hi. I have about 70 hubs on this subject, which you might find useful. Start with easy chords like Em, A, D, G.
    The classes I teach lead me to the conclusion that most people can get playing in a matter of weeks, and over 10 weeks they will be playing songs quite well.

12. blues lessons profile image75
    blues lessonsposted 7 years ago

Hi Newbie Jim Bruce here - It depends on your level, but if it's blues you're interested in, you could take a look at my hubs.

Cheers
    Jim

working