jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Will you accept a vigilante like 'Dexter' in real life?

1. sivaskumar profile image62
    sivaskumarposted 5 years ago

Will you accept a vigilante like 'Dexter' in real life?

Showtime series 'Dexter' is so unique and powerful. What if there is a vigilante like him in our real life? Would you fear him or respect him?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/6416098_f260.jpg

2. Kat915 profile image60
    Kat915posted 5 years ago

In my honest opinion, we need more people like Dexter in our world to make the necessary changes a lot of us want...for the better.  Our laws only protect the guilty, while punishing the innocent (victims) from a swift resolution to their pain.  How much time, effort and money is spent to convict someone who is guilty?  There is too much red tape that continues to bind the hands of the law…probably the same tape around the eyes of “justice.”  And it’s interesting you use the term “vigilante” in your hub. 

Dictionary.com defines the following as such: 

VIGILANTE: person who takes the law into his own hands, as by avenging a crime.

JUSTICE: the administering of deserved punishment or reward.

Dexter, from my point of view, is not committing a crime.  He is merely doing what our “justice” system fails to do…and saving us billions of dollars in the process.

3. Khal Blogo profile image59
    Khal Blogoposted 5 years ago

Yes, i would. Many times i imagine i'm one myself. If only i had more time... May i suggest you also read the books, if you haven't already? They're very different and much much better(no, i'm not saying the show is bad, just that the books are better)

4. Sherry Hewins profile image98
    Sherry Hewinsposted 5 years ago

I love Dexter, but I don't want one in real life. Dexter has a barely controlled compulsion. He must kill, he's just managing to direct his compulsion and "harness it for good." But Dexter doesn't kill people because they are bad, he kills them because he needs to. If there's no serial killer available to satisfy his need, it will still have to be satisfied.

working