jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Hunger Games: which was better the book or the movie?

1. harmony155 profile image70
    harmony155posted 5 years ago

Hunger Games: which was better the book or the movie?

2. lmarsh1203 profile image61
    lmarsh1203posted 5 years ago

The book. But the movie held it's own. Of course movies will never be as good as books because they can never represent all the detail a book can. But really I think they did a good job hitting all the important points in the movie.

3. jpcmc profile image91
    jpcmcposted 5 years ago

I love the book better.  I was more involved when reading a book than when watching it.  The details were vivid which made it easier for me to visualize what was happening.

4. HungerSuperGirl profile image60
    HungerSuperGirlposted 5 years ago

This question happens to be one of the hardest questions I think I will ever have to answer. I at first thought the book was better. Then, I saw the movie. I was completly in love with it.

But, there were some of the key componets that the book had and not the movie. Like Madge was not even included in the movie. And how at the end of the movie the mutts where supposed to look like the deceased tributes, but instead they looked like a naked mole rat mixed with a dog.

But in the movie, there where some ecpetional scenes. The forset fire scene always had me jumping, the scene when they where in the tribute parade on fire was out-standing. And the cliff-hanger at the end, left me breathless.

So to fully answer the question, I could not choose which is better. but if i was needed to i would have to go with the the hollywood intrepretation. The movie.

working