jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Which book of The Hunger Games trilogy was best - The Hunger Games, Catching Fir

1. nmdonders profile image83
    nmdondersposted 5 years ago

Which book of The Hunger Games trilogy was best - The Hunger Games, Catching Fire, or Mockingjay?

2. livelovelaugh5 profile image80
    livelovelaugh5posted 5 years ago

Catching Fire! You know the characters, are introduced to even more characters and can't wait for the next.

3. YimmyP profile image84
    YimmyPposted 5 years ago

The Hunger Games is the best book of the trilogy. I thought Catching Fire was too much like the first book, and didn't bring a whole lot to the table. Honestly, I thought Mockingjay was just ridiculous. I think Collins could have gone a whole other direction...

1. lovehungergames profile image59
      lovehungergamesposted 5 years agoin reply to this

definitly it shaped the outline for the other two sorry I  think I spelled definitly wrong i liked the huger games 1st book best

4. Nightmarephantom profile image76
    Nightmarephantomposted 5 years ago

Hunger Games was the best, it set the tone for the rest of the series.

5. realornotreal profile image58
    realornotrealposted 5 years ago

Everyone reacts strangely when I say this, but I actually loved Mockingjay the most. People said the ending was too depressing and it didn't have a good conclusion, but I thought it was perfect. I won't spoil anything here, but I think Suzannes decisions were amazing and that she really made the content mature along with Katniss through out the trilogy. Which is one of the reasons why I like Mockingjay the most, Katniss begins to understand things on a deeper level and understand the ideas of rebellion, love and hope. Of course the first book was great and set the tone, and I felt that Catching Fire went by too quickly. Dont' get me wrong though, I love the books to death, I'm obsessed, but the last book really made me love it.

6. LoisRyan13903 profile image82
    LoisRyan13903posted 4 years ago

In my humble opinion I believe the first book was the best followed in a close second Catching Fire.  however, I thought Mockingjay a bit on the boring side

working