jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (14 posts)

What is your favorite decade for music?

1. breathe2travel profile image81
    breathe2travelposted 5 years ago

What is your favorite decade for music?

What is your favorite decade for music?  For me, it's between the 70s and 80s...20s? 30s? 40s? 50s? 60s? 70s?80s? 90s? 2000-2009? 2010- present?

2. wakamehime profile image60
    wakamehimeposted 5 years ago

The 80's genre because it's fun, funky and original. To think that the King and Queen of Pop Music started in this era. I also love New Waveand Brit Pop which was also popularized in this time. And I think most of the pop music and songs of today are revived from this genre.

3. profile image56
    maryjobposted 5 years ago

80s, 90s and part of early 2000. Music sang during this times were more original, informative and groovy, these days what you get is fake and by popular demand which of course reduces quality drastically.

4. nina64 profile image81
    nina64posted 5 years ago

I'm a 70's  & 80's music junkie. My whole music collection is mostly based around those eras of musical talent.

5. profile image0
    Olde Cashmereposted 5 years ago

What I tend to listen to the most are my favorite bands I grew up with in the 90's. My favorite era for music though was the 60's. I love the motown sound of the Supremes, The Temptations, etc. Such an awesome time for quality hit singles, classic songs that still hold up strongly today.

6. profile image0
    Larry Wallposted 5 years ago

I would have to say the 60s and early 70s. The folk era, Dylan, Peter, Paul and Mary, Simon and Garfunkel, Joan Baez, Judy Collins, Don McClain, etc, just cannot be beat.
    The 70s gave us Elton John, Carly Simon,Carol King and other greater singers-writers.

Have to throw in two oldies:
    Nat King Cole--does not get any better
    Della Reese--she could really sell a song.

1. breathe2travel profile image81
      breathe2travelposted 5 years agoin reply to this

You might enjoy my hub on Melancholic Tunes: A Playlist -- In it are Dylan, Peter Paul & Mary, and Simon & Garfunkel... http://breathe2travel.hubpages.com/hub/ … -A-Playist

7. Diana Lee profile image84
    Diana Leeposted 5 years ago

The 60s, 70s, and 80s are my favorite oldies. I loved the early Beatles, the Monkees, Beach Boys, Partridge Family, Rolling Stones, Sonnie & Cher, the Carpenters, and Elvis. And this is only a few from the rock n roll selections, I also liked the early country music like Sonnie James, Jim Reeves, Johnny Cash, Buck Owens, Charlie Pride, Dolly Pardon, Donna Fargo, Loretta Lynn, etc. etc. etc.

8. Georgie Lowery profile image94
    Georgie Loweryposted 5 years ago

The 80's for me. I loved hair metal! Even if Axl Rose is a jerk!

9. krishna sandhya profile image60
    krishna sandhyaposted 5 years ago

From 70's-2000:)
    I personally feel they were written from depths and sang from heart:)

10. YvetteParker profile image76
    YvetteParkerposted 5 years ago

I must agree the 70s-80s  r& b; but I enjoy the 90s gospel and the 2010-present praise and worship.

11. ricn profile image60
    ricnposted 5 years ago

Hart to pick between 70s, 80s and 90s.
    90s was my high school times and always bring me memories.

12. donnatru profile image74
    donnatruposted 5 years ago

With out a doubt the mid 60's and early 70's Rock n Roll.  I listen to 70's greatest hits daily. Todays music doesn't compare. Talented musicians today are  challenged by a higher level of difficulty because so many variations of chords have been used.

13. profile image0
    Stargrrlposted 3 years ago

Definitely the 90's.  Grunge, alternative, and the explosion of hip hop.