jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Non-Americans: how do you view Americans?

1. TheLifeExperiment profile image58
    TheLifeExperimentposted 5 years ago

Non-Americans: how do you view Americans?

Random question- haha last night my mom was going off about something on the news, and how she's so embarrassed that people must view all Americans a certain way. How do you see Americans?

2. Clayton Fernandes profile image77
    Clayton Fernandesposted 5 years ago

Well i guess if i viewed a particular country and its people differently to others, then i'd be called a racist in harsher terms. I dont judge a country by a few people. Rather we're all the same, personalities and all. Viewing americans, i love them regardless, fun, friendly, liberal, pretty cool in my books. I feel the same about people from any other country all over the world. Bad experiences happen i guess that may affect someones judgement. But it shouldnt change someones view of people regardless from where they are.

1. TheLifeExperiment profile image58
      TheLifeExperimentposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Haha that's a nice way of looking at it...A lot of people apparently think all Americans are obese, inactive, lazy, rude...It sucks to think that we're all thought of that way!

3. MickS profile image74
    MickSposted 5 years ago

On the news and television programmes they come over often as arrogant and pushy, well at least the Americans from the USA do.  However, there are people like that everywhere.  I once went out with a native American girl when she came over here on a summer holiday, she was fine.  I worked with a Man from Texas, he was a bit loud, but ok.  I know the drummer with UFO, his wife is from the USA, she is fine, my son married a girl from Kansas and now lives there, my daughter-in-law, and her parents, and my two grandaughters  are also fine.  I think you pays yer money and takes yer chance, every citizen of the USA, I have physicaly encountered have been just normal ok people.

4. spartucusjones profile image94
    spartucusjonesposted 5 years ago

I am Canadian (which I guess technically makes me North American), and I have had a few opportunities to travel to the US and meet and befriend Americans, and the experiences have been positive. I don't necessary agree with some of the US foreign policy and I find watching the coverage of the political elections to be quite humorous. But I wouldn't judge a whole nation of people based on that. Plus I also find Canadian politics to be pretty ridiculous at times as well.

5. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 5 years ago

as a whole i love the people from the U.S. that said though, i am very disappointed with how they have gotten to the point where they pick safety over freedom, want their government to do everything for them and have let their awesome country lose it's appeal. i laugh every time i hear some one talk about how good the republicans are and how bad Mr. Obama is. if it wasn't for presidents like Bush and Clinton , the U.S. would still be golden in my eyes.

6. Georgie Lowery profile image96
    Georgie Loweryposted 5 years ago

I am American but I have a friend in Scotland and I had an interesting conversation with him once. I mentioned that I thought all of the people in Scotland lived in castles and wore kilts. He told me that he thought all Americans either lived in the suburbs or trailer homes and drove minivans. He also seemed to think that we all say 'y'all.' It's amusing how people from other places view us.

working