jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

How fast do things have to go?

1. IDONO profile image82
    IDONOposted 5 years ago

How fast do things have to go?

Phones, computers, cars, food, airports, even hospitals, all have to be fast. What's our hurry? How much life are we missing because we are going fast? Quality doesn't mean much anymore as long as it's fast.

2. AEvans profile image81
    AEvansposted 5 years ago

I agree. I believe if all of us took just a day to not play on the computers, answer cellphones, do the speed limit and slow down when we are at work; our blood pressure would be greatly reduced and there would be less health issues. Good question.

3. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

Pretty fast. Because time is short and I want to do the most I can in the time that I have. More degrees, more knowledge, more variety, more relaxation and more work. My mind goes faster than some people talk and I get irritated if they don't talk fast enough. I have stuff to do!

1. IDONO profile image82
      IDONOposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I totally respect the ambition that you display, but what good are all those things if you don't take time to enjoy them? I can't get irritated over the pace other people keep. It may not be the speed that's irritating. It may be the lack of control.