jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

Have you become addicted to social networking sites?

1. ronaknky profile image60
    ronaknkyposted 5 years ago

Have you become addicted to social networking sites?

2. wetnosedogs profile image61
    wetnosedogsposted 5 years ago

no, I have twitter and facebook and don't really care. Trying to get with it cause it seems to supposed to help with making money. I guess there are a couple others that sound promising I might give a try and they don't seem so facebook-ish.

3. frantisek78 profile image85
    frantisek78posted 5 years ago

Yes, for a while when I started using Facebook it seemed very awesome, but now I've gotten sick of social media, as have many people. It can be a real time waster reading useless posts and following silly links for hours. It can really suck you in.

4. Scorpio21 profile image76
    Scorpio21posted 5 years ago

i prefer live chat, its more like a real conversation, otherwise its just like leaving messages.

5. suziecat7 profile image90
    suziecat7posted 5 years ago

Love Facebook - only use Twitter and others for marketing.

6. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

No, I can't stand them.  I use Facebook only to play Words with Friends with a few gals I contact online.

I just can't understand how we have become a society that has to post every trivial moment in one's day with a smart phone.

ronaknkyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I truly understand that duffsmom. If there is something good happening with us instead of enjoying it we put it on social networking sites.....

7. Lisa HW profile image75
    Lisa HWposted 5 years ago

I haven't, that's for sure.  I have a Facebook page because I thought someone might ask if I had one (and that I should have one in case they did); and I have a Google+ page because Google was pushing the "authorship thing" several months ago; and when I filled out a profile I automatically ended up having a Google+ page that I didn't know what to do with.

Every once in awhile I'll go to one of those pages and "keep trying", as far as trying to think up something to do on them/with them goes.  I get to the page, see a bunch of stuff I'm not interested in, and get aggravated.  So, I'll delete all the stuff that I had didn't put on there, feel aggravated, and think, "So what do I do now?"

As a result, in order to keep from getting too aggravated with stuff that I didn't put on my own page, I've set my pages to (essentially) "almost as private as possible" and "No, don't let anyone else put anything on my page."   (lol)  How "sociable of me, right?"   hmm  Sometimes I deactivate the Facebook page.  Then I'll have some reason to go back and activate it again.  I don't deactive the Google+ page because I write and there's that "authorship element" with that one. So instead, every couple of months I'll go put a "happy latest holiday" message, or else a message like, "I still don't do much on this page."    (It's only a matter of time before I realize that I don't belong on the "public" and/or social side of the Internet and close up shop completely.)

ronaknkyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I think you have said your heart out .....!!!!

working