jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What are the best zombie movies?

1. lenamariee profile image84
    lenamarieeposted 5 years ago

What are the best zombie movies?

2. Dallas Matier profile image85
    Dallas Matierposted 5 years ago

I'd go for the comedy ones - 'Shaun of the Dead', and 'Zombieland'. For the more serious ones, I don't know.. George Romero's ones, probably - though, apparently, his most recent ones aren't all that great. Or, 'The Walking Dead' series... that's pretty good, from what I've seen (though, it's not a movie... obviously)

You can usually divide zombie movies roughly up into the ones that focus on the characters, and the ones that focus on just showing people being killed by zombies - with the ones that focus on the characters being better, by far. Though, honestly, even the good ones all start to look the same after a while.

3. Georgie Lowery profile image95
    Georgie Loweryposted 5 years ago

I'm all for Shaun of the Dead and Zombieland as well, and I have a lot of affection for the Resident Evil series.

4. bloggerdollar profile image72
    bloggerdollarposted 5 years ago

1- Night of the Living Dead (Respect the Legend)
    2- Shaun of the Dead (because it's as funny as a zombie movie can get)
    3- Braindead (it's not officially zombies but the deads are coming back. Did I mention it was directed by Peter Jackson - LOTR???)
    4- Zombieland (that's in the list for Woody Harrelson)
    5- Walking Dead (ok, it's not a movie but it must be in a zombie list, and Lori I hope you die)

5. AM Hanson profile image77
    AM Hansonposted 5 years ago

Night of the Living Dead and Shaun of the Dead are two of my favorites.  I recently saw part of Stake Land, and it's pretty good, but haven't had a chance to finish it yet.  If you want something stupid and funny, try Return of the Living Dead (it's vaguely based on a book written by the co-writer of Night of the Living Dead).

6. Victoria Anne profile image96
    Victoria Anneposted 5 years ago

Dead Snow. Almost as funny as Shaun of the Dead. Also, Nazi zombies.

7. profile image0
    Jhudahposted 5 years ago

Night of the Living Dead, Shaun of the dead and Dawn of the dead 2004